Windows 10: Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook

Discus and support Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Next to some of the entries in a page of my OneNote notebook, I see a purple vertical bar with my initials NP at the top of the bar. A screen shot is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Nov 18, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook

Next to some of the entries in a page of my OneNote notebook, I see a purple vertical bar with my initials NP at the top of the bar. A screen shot is shown below. What does that bar indicate? Thanks!

Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook 60a608a3-5c4f-40dc-9dd8-68fb2343ab72?upload=true.png

:)

MesPia, Nov 18, 2020

2. Keep Getting Error From OneNote When Trying to Open Notebook?

Hi Webb842,

OneNote Mobile on Windows Phone 7 will not support opening section groups in a notebook.

To have the sections present in Section groups opened in OneNote Mobile, you can follow the below steps:

• In OneNote Desktop, Select and Right-Click on the section group you want to open in OneNote Mobile.
    • Perform "Copy link" operation
    • Mail yourself the link copied
    • On Phone, tap on OneNote link to open the section group in OneNote mobile as a notebook.
    Hope this helps in solving this issue.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Nov 18, 2020
  3. fifer Win User
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fifer, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook

Syncing additional OneNote notebooks

You can open the a notebook from SkyDrive in one of two ways:

• Open from office.live.com from IE on the phone
    • Send yourself a OneNote hyperlink (onenoteQuery about strange object in my OneNote Notebook :) as created by OneNote 2010 on the desktop

For most people just do #1, open IE and go to Office 365 Login | Microsoft Office, signin and then find your notebook and you are all set.

Does this resolve your issue Jamie?

Daniel Escapa, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook

1. Query about strange object in my OneNote Notebook - Similar Threads - Query strange object

2. About query

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  3. About query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  4. About query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  6. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  7. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

8. Remove a OneNote notebook

Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  9. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...