Windows 10: Query About Windows Defender Versioning

Discus and support Query About Windows Defender Versioning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I was lately playing around with Windows Powershell and Defender and have a small query, As to What happens whneverwh each time we update... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aditya Soni_1402, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Query About Windows Defender Versioning

Hi there,

I was lately playing around with Windows Powershell and Defender and have a small query,

As to What happens whneverwh each time we update the Defender and how does the versioning gets a name?

(According to the docs its a hashed version of a string..)

EngineVersion - 1.1.12603.0

AppVersion - 4.9.10586.0

AvSigVersion . - 1.217.1014.0

Also, were exactly Can i find the total number of threats detected by it?(like how many can it detect, not only for yhe version i am using, but for different bersions as well..)

Like After i updated and used powershell and ran this,

Get-MpThreatCatalog | measure to get the count,

So is there anywhere where Microsoft shows

the count for the different Signature versions?

(I have checked the latest release notes webpage, that just shows top 20 versions and whether any new Threat was added and assigned an id to it ...)

Thanks!

:)

Aditya Soni_1402, Dec 23, 2018

2. Windows Defender

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Please follow the below steps and check:

Step 1: Enable Windows defender from control panel

• Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.
    • On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.
    • Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.
    If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2: Enable Windows defender from services.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.
    • Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.
    If you face any issue while troubleshooting, please provide the outcome, so that we can work on your issue.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Query About Windows Defender Versioning

windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Query About Windows Defender Versioning

1. Query About Windows Defender Versioning - Similar Threads - Query Defender Versioning

2. Queries about a problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Queries about a problem: Hello! Unfortunately, my issue hasn’t been solved after I tried the provided solution. What should I do? It still shows the same and I’m attaching the screenshots again of both the steps and the current condition of my windows security for your reference. Hope to hear from...
  3. Query about update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query about update: Today I updated my windows version from 21H2 to 22H2, all are okay but I have one question. See the screenshot below. Windows.old is a folder which may be contain my previous windows files, now if I delete the folder, will any problem occurr???...
  4. About query

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  5. About query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About query: Hi, How can I query all PC games which are sold on Microsoft store non-free games ?I think there may be a paged list about the information, but I don't know how to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-query/3db6ef3c-12c8-42dd-ae93-dd14d90a6297
  6. About query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Query about BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Query about BSOD: My PC shows BSOD mostly while playing videos...sometimes while browsing or when the PC is in standby mode...what could be the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-bsod/a9bdf094-9c38-4c1a-9393-404d153d3761
  8. Query about the windows backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query about the windows backup.: Hi So I regularly make backups of my hard disk using the Windows 7 backup and restore option form the control panel. I generally do it once in a month, and the backup typically includes some folders in which I add or delete some files and the system image. Now, whenever I...
  9. Query on Defender versioning Details for Defender Security Update version or Engine Version

Query on Defender versioning Details for Defender Security Update version or Engine Version: Hi, Myself Aniket, I have started working recently on MS Defender. I would like to understand how the Security Update Version or Engine Versiondoes the versioning gets a name? AMProductVersion - 4.18.2003.8 EngineVersion - 1.1.16900.4 AVSignatureBaseVersion -...
  10. Query about Window defender update installation

Query about Window defender update installation: Hi sir I am experiencing some problems with my check for updates and window defender update installation. I coud'nt update virus definition in Window defender and when I try ti search for update, it come back with "window coud'nt check for update" error found....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender how to query the signature version

2. get-mpthreatcatalog count

3. avsigversion