Windows 10: [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB

Discus and support [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya, hope everyone doing well :) 99% of the times when I try to safely eject my USB device I get this pesky message "The device is currently in use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by onlytanmoy, Jan 31, 2021.

1. [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB

Hiya, hope everyone doing well [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB :)
    99% of the times when I try to safely eject my USB device I get this pesky message "The device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again."
    I remember there used to be one utility which once installed will appear in the context menu when you right click on the USB device in question and it provided an option to kill all the processes/applications currently open. I am unable to recollect the name of that app. Any help guys?
    My Windows 10 version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746)

:)

onlytanmoy, Jan 31, 2021

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 31, 2021
  3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Jan 31, 2021
  4. [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB

ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

[Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB

1. [Query]Context menu utility to close all programs while ejecting USB - Similar Threads - Query Context menu

2. [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder

in Browsers and Email
    [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. When I open an URL containing image in my Chrome browser, upon right clicking on the image I get below option in the context menu. Is it possible to add save image as - in specific folder via some app? say Save image as - in Folder A - in...
  3. [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. When I open an URL containing image in my Chrome browser, upon right clicking on the image I get below option in the context menu. Is it possible to add save image as - in specific folder via some app? say Save image as - in Folder A - in...
  4. No Right Click EJECT Context Menu For USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Right Click EJECT Context Menu For USB Flash Drive: Previously, I had a right click/Eject context menu for my USB removable flash drives. Then I used a driver updater programme to update the usb drivers. There was a problem with the new drivers so I reverted back to the old ones. The problem is now in My PC, the right click...
  5. No Right Click EJECT Context Menu For YSB Flash Drive

No Right Click EJECT Context Menu For YSB Flash Drive: This morning I had a right click/Eject context menu for my USB flash drives. Then I used a driver updater programme to update the usb drivers. There was a problem with the new drivers so I reverted back to the old ones. The problem is now in My PC, the right click EJECT menu...
  6. Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu: I tried this a few months ago and failed after a lot of tweaking in the regedit. Probably this guide Remove Programs from Open with Context Menu in Windows and some other where it said how to add. I gave up. Now I have a new computer with a fresh Windows 10, and is at it...
  7. Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard: HOW can i have the windows 10 right click menu in front on screen keyboard not behind it ***Link removed by Moderator*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-related-to-keeping-context-menu-on-top-of-on/7cd5705a-ee62-4688-905d-7e462b8217d2
  8. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  9. program closing while using

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program closing while using: A program closes when I open parts of it to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-closing-while-using/47173f37-ea99-4eef-ab1d-472c088766d4
  10. USB EJECT

USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa