Windows 10: Query Edge settings

Discus and support Query Edge settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Simply I have set Edge to open with a specific site - my mail and the new tabs with top sites. However the opening page is just top sites no big... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Aug 20, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Query Edge settings

Simply I have set Edge to open with a specific site - my mail and the new tabs with top sites.

However the opening page is just top sites no big deal as I have Outlook in top sites but would like to use that site for another site.

So open = mail and new tab = top sites which is not happening is this because I have Outlook as a top site??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Aug 20, 2017
  2. NeilF784 Win User

IS necessary to Download the Abode Flash Player, when it ask while I am doing to brows in the web.

The above answer is slightly different from my query.

I had "Flash Player updated version 25.0.0.127 available today"

I tried to update it via Firefox (knowing a version is set up in Edge) but still got referred to Settings Advanced in MS Edge where Flash Player is set to On.

Then nothing happened further.

My query is:

Does Edge automatically update to the latest version of Flash Player without any intervention on my part?

Thanks

Neil

NeilF784, Aug 20, 2017
  3. Advertisement bloking and Tracking settings in Microsoft EDGE.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerns. I will be glad to assist you with your query.

Microsoft EDGE and Internet Explorer is connected by Microsoft. Microsoft Edge is designed that way. However, if you perform the steps that is
    SETTINGS > SAFETY > TRACKING PROTECTION in Internet Explorer; it will work in Microsoft Edge as well.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 20, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Query Edge settings

Right click on specific tabs and choose 'Pin',
    Those will open at launch plus whatever your Start page is.

Query Edge settings [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 20, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yep have tried that Edwin but perhaps I Put it the wrong way round or maybe it was a fluke but whenever I booted and opened Edge it always ran Outlook straight away with no prompt from me and then the new tab was top sites after that unless I clicked on a link in the email ie the forum reply for example.

Edit: Ok fixed I had the settings open and set open with specific pages or site an entered the URL for my mail and missed seeing he Save button to the right of it because it was in a very faint blue colour and easily missed. But thanks for the reply mate.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Query Edge settings

1. Query Edge settings - Similar Threads - Query Edge settings

2. Query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query: I am not able to find wifi and mobile hotspot option on my system having windows 10 pro installed.kindly help me to rectify this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query/5e026007-8f9d-45a8-a98d-b9f4c38c55e2
  3. Query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Query: My laptop came with a pre-activated Windows 10 several years ago. Yesterday, it restarted on its own, then when it opened, a message appeared on the lower right corner of the screen saying "Activate Windows". I opened Settings - Activation - Troubleshooter, then I received...
  4. Edge Favorites Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Query: Afternoon everyone. I've got a question that's not of real importance, but here goes. Is there a way to remove the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the favorites drop down menu? I don't want to remove favorites button, just the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the drop...
  5. edge chromium query

in Browsers and Email
    edge chromium query: After the win10 update yesterday I opened edge and it asked me if I wanted edge chromium. I bypassed it and just opened edge. However I have had a change of mind and would like to update to the chromium. How do I update to edge chromium now? Thanks in advance. 148506
  6. touchpad settings query

in Windows 10 Customization
    touchpad settings query: Fortunately this is a hypothetical question. I have a W10 laptop. I was adjusting some touchpad settings. Somehow, I accidentally shut the touchpad OFF. PANIC! I couldn't do anything. Fortunately, I had a mouse in the office (for years, I've only used the touchpad)....
  7. A query about Edge

in Browsers and Email
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  8. A query about Edge

in Windows 10 News
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  9. Edge Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Query: I've just entered the 64 bit browser arena, with the recent installation of latest version of Waterfox. Based on marketing information, Edge has piqued my interest though, as it seems a well integrated product. No plug-ins to fret over as it's HTML5 compliant and a 64 bit...
  10. Query on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Query on Edge Browser: I have been using Chrome and Firefox and out of interest I have trialled Edge. Now it seems to be a lot faster to come on line and I would like to know what everyone else thinks of this browser. The only thing I cannot find yet is how to import bookmarks from the other...