Windows 10: Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

Discus and support Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere. EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wlpeavy, Jun 19, 2019.

1. wlpeavy Win User

Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere.
    EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under "View your active networks" where I see:
    "Domain.local 2
    Domain network"

At issue is the "2".

I'm just about convinced that the "2" is NOT part of the domain name but rather an arbitrary Windows-assigned serial number meaning "2nd network connection".

Is this what you would understand when seeing this?

Thanks...

:)

wlpeavy, Jun 19, 2019

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Network and Sharing

Hi Senay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is almost similar like other Windows Operating Systems.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Search>> Type Network and Sharing center>> Click on it to open (click on Change advanced sharing settings).
    • Then you will find the options to change it to Public.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Network Credentials

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to control panel
    • Select Network and sharing center
    • Click on Advance sharing Settings
    • Click on all network
    • Turn off password protected sharing
    Check if it helps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties - Similar Threads - Query Network Sharing

2. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  3. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  4. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  5. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  6. Query related to network sharing between PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to network sharing between PC's: I graduated from a technical school with an A.S.T. in Network Administration and Security and one of my instructors, along with I believe a Windows 7 textbook, explained how to network 2 Windows computers together. I performed this at home with 2 computers I had at that...
  7. Network and Sharing center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network and Sharing center: Hi I am not able to open Network and Sharing center, when I click on Network and Sharing center from control panel, control panel freezes. I am stuck with an hour glass, cannot close control panel when clicking on the X, cannot open any other programs in control panel when...
  8. Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets

Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets: Hello. I got a laptop a week ago with Windows 10. This morning when I tried to copy a document from the main PC (Windows 7) via WiFi, an error appeared "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discovery in Network...
  9. Internet Properties Query

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Properties Query: Under Internet Properties (in Control Panel) / Privacy there is a setting for "never allow websites to request physical location". This is greyed out and remains so even if I set all options to defaults. Is this a correct mode of operation or doe something need fixing?...
  10. Windows 10 and Network share properties

Windows 10 and Network share properties: Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines. We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account...