Windows 10: Query on NetSetupSvc

Discus and support Query on NetSetupSvc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to avoid NetSetupSvc getting started and stopped too frequently ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Natarajan Subramanian, May 15, 2024.

1. Query on NetSetupSvc

How to avoid NetSetupSvc getting started and stopped too frequently ?

:)

Natarajan Subramanian, May 15, 2024
  2. whitebrow Win User

netsetupsvc (Network Setup Service) can not start

On my laptop(windows 10), the service can't start.

I tried to start it via 'net start netsetupsvc', it seemed started, but was stopped right away (see below):

How to trouble shoot it?

Thanks in advance.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net start netsetupsvc

The Network Setup Service service is starting.

The Network Setup Service service was started successfully.

The requested service has already been started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

After several seconds, the service was automatically stopped.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc query netsetupsvc

SERVICE_NAME: netsetupsvc

TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS

STATE : 1 STOPPED

WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)

SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)

CHECKPOINT : 0x0

WAIT_HINT : 0x0

The Network Setup Service service is starting.

The Network Setup Service service was started successfully.

whitebrow, May 15, 2024
  3. whitebrow Win User
    netsetupsvc (Network Setup Service) can not start

Reset is my last option.

I upgraded from win7 a long time ago. I have not noticed netsetupsvc util today when I tried to install VirtualBox, and the installer failed, I found some clues in the c:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log that the possible root cause might be the failure of netsetupsvc
    service.

I did more investigation:

I tried to use process monitor tool, and found that it's svchost.exe that changed the “start type” back to 3(manual) if I changed the “start type” to 2 then start the service.

0:16:35.6454152 svchost.exe 644 RegSetValue
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetSetupSvc\Start SUCCESS
    Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 3

whitebrow, May 15, 2024
  4. Query on NetSetupSvc

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Query on NetSetupSvc

1. Query on NetSetupSvc - Similar Threads - Query NetSetupSvc

2. Calculating the actual user activity time in Power Query

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calculating the actual user activity time in Power Query: Hi.I've discovered the following post that appears to have answered the exact issue I'm grappling with;https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/calculating-the-actual-logged-in-time/5c2c1a37-1155-472a-9c17-231dd384571ePaging @Jeovany CV - is there any chance I...
  3. Why does windows change my search query once it reaches the web?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows change my search query once it reaches the web?: I use the search bar constantly to look up just about everything and anything. About a tenth of the time though, I'll type in a search query only to reach the web looking up a totally different, mostly unrelated query. As an example, I was just trying to look up ways to add...
  4. Why does windows change my search query once it reaches the web?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows change my search query once it reaches the web?: I use the search bar constantly to look up just about everything and anything. About a tenth of the time though, I'll type in a search query only to reach the web looking up a totally different, mostly unrelated query. As an example, I was just trying to look up ways to add...
  5. OneDrive Folder Issues and Removal Query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Folder Issues and Removal Query: Hi Microsoft Advisors,Thanks for your previous help in resolving my boot menu issue. Your guidance was spot on and has resolved my problem. However, I now have another question that has come up following my recent update to Windows 10 version 22H2.Brian has referred me to...
  6. OneDrive Folder Issues and Removal Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Folder Issues and Removal Query: Hi Microsoft Advisors,Thanks for your previous help in resolving my boot menu issue. Your guidance was spot on and has resolved my problem. However, I now have another question that has come up following my recent update to Windows 10 version 22H2.Brian has referred me to...
  7. OneDrive Folder Issues and Removal Query

8. Event viewer query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer query: Hello there,I have a small query regarding gathering logs from Eventviewer.Is there a way to gather logs from this particular folder "Microsoft" folder under "Applications and Services Logs" or the whole Microsoft folder?Any suggestion or tips will be highly appreciated....
  9. Query on NetSetupSvc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query on NetSetupSvc: How to avoid NetSetupSvc getting started and stopped too frequently ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-on-netsetupsvc/4021664e-56a3-4c03-8952-eb1c94b427c4
  10. Query on NetSetupSvc

Query on NetSetupSvc: How to avoid NetSetupSvc getting started and stopped too frequently ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-on-netsetupsvc/4021664e-56a3-4c03-8952-eb1c94b427c4