Windows 10: Query RE Putting PC to Sleep

Discus and support Query RE Putting PC to Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure which group to put this in but here's my query: I'm not sure when this started happening, but I'm sure it's after 1903 feature update. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Jul 26, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Query RE Putting PC to Sleep

I'm not sure which group to put this in but here's my query:

I'm not sure when this started happening, but I'm sure it's after 1903 feature update. I can't be sure if it happened prior to July patch.

I put my PC to sleep at night. When I hit the sleep button, the screen would go black and the PC would go to sleep. Now when I hit the sleep button, the screen goes blue, then black, then the login screen comes on before eventually going black and to sleep. Is this normal now? If not, what would cause this.

:)

RichardC, Jul 26, 2019
  2. gmopro Win User

How to Put PC to sleep

What is the fastest way to put pc into sleep mode? (Least amount of steps)

I want to put it in sleep mode and not sure best way. Can i create a shortcut for that?

Also, are the issues ironed out with win10 not coming back easily from sleep mode. Sometimes it is hard to wake them up and you have to restart.

UPDATE: 1231pm.. so i found a way.. i click start, then power, then find Sleep. That works.

Is there a faster way though? With my Lenovo pc, i can choose what power buttons do and one thing under power says choose what the sleep button does? it is like a circle half filled. WHere is this button? I asked Lenovo and waiting for an answer.

gmopro, Jul 26, 2019
  3. PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Query RE Putting PC to Sleep

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Query RE Putting PC to Sleep

1. Query RE Putting PC to Sleep - Similar Threads - Query Putting Sleep

2. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not turning on after putting it on sleep: Yesterday night I put my pc on sleep thinking ill come back and use it later but I slept. When I woke up and tried pressing my spacebar key to wake the pc up it wasnt waking up. I tried several other keys aswell as my mouse buttons, and still it wasnt opening. I looked in the...
  3. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not turning on after putting it on sleep: Yesterday night I put my pc on sleep thinking ill come back and use it later but I slept. When I woke up and tried pressing my spacebar key to wake the pc up it wasnt waking up. I tried several other keys aswell as my mouse buttons, and still it wasnt opening. I looked in the...
  4. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  6. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  7. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Query re activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Query re activation: I have installed for the second time the preview and ran updates but the build remains as 10070 or something like that - anyone know what the dickens is going on because my desktop updated to the 102** build and self activated. The other thing is I am now being asked for...
  9. query re- my defrag

query re- my defrag: When I open my defrag I see these options. What exactly are the top two and what do they do? They are both pretty large file sizes. [img] 16789
  10. A query re slowness on board

A query re slowness on board: The Ivy Bridge dropped it's bundle last night and my son let me have his older AMD build as he doesn't use it much. Now I find it rather odd that the Sandy Bridge which I am on right now having a Gigabyte GA-H67-UD3H-B3 has driver support for Windows 10 yet my sons build...