Windows 10: Query: Regarding disk drive size

Discus and support Query: Regarding disk drive size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it true that the C:\Windows folder's size won't increase any further after it reaches 25-26 GB?So would that mean that Windows Updates won't take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ananyo_A, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Ananyo_A Win User

Query: Regarding disk drive size

Is it true that the C:\Windows folder's size won't increase any further after it reaches 25-26 GB?So would that mean that Windows Updates won't take any more space after the Windows folder reaches this size? Does the Windows update-mechanism work this way onlyreferring to the screenshot attached?
    Query: Regarding disk drive size 44e503a9-e423-4e99-bcd0-8e2f60ef4f5f?upload=true.png

:)

Ananyo_A, Jan 10, 2021

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 10, 2021
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 10, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Query: Regarding disk drive size - Similar Threads - Query Regarding disk

2. Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.: PC health check is showing that my laptop is not compatible with windows 11 stating that my processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U is not supported. But this processor is present in 'Windows Processor Requirements' list. Why this has happened?Device name: DESKTOP-JPER3FH Processor:...
  3. Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.: PC health check is showing that my laptop is not compatible with windows 11 stating that my processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U is not supported. But this processor is present in 'Windows Processor Requirements' list. Why this has happened?Device name: DESKTOP-JPER3FH Processor:...
  4. Query regarding mac address

Query regarding mac address: Hi, I want to know that if I upgrade my VM from B2ms to B4ms, will the mac address change?Regards,Gargi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-regarding-mac-address/ab581f0b-d814-4803-975d-28afce3af048
  5. Query regarding Alarms & Clock

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query regarding Alarms & Clock: Greetings, I wanted to know If I can add custom sounds for my alarm as of 20th Jan 2021 on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-regarding-alarms-clock/02a86cf9-28ab-4b79-bcc0-78ce26321b06
  6. Query regarding updates

Query regarding updates: Hello, I have a Lenovo PC ideapad S340 14IIL, which offers me system updates, like BIOS updates. Can I download these system updates, while also using Windows updates? Or is Windows update enough for my PC? Thanks....
  7. Disk management query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management query: I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary? [img] 137022
  8. Disk management query

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk management query: I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary? [img] 137022
  9. Disk Management Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management Query: For clarity, even if you delete the 300 MB partition, it is very difficult to reclaim that space as partition managers cannot move the 128MB MSR partition. In fact, in Windows 10 clean installs, that partition is only 16 MB. You can however delete it and recreate it using...
  10. Urgent Query regarding windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Urgent Query regarding windows upgrade: i have recently installed fresh windows 7 sp1 on my lappy and registered it and installed all updates etc. but i dont want to stay on 7 rather i want to upgrade to windows 8.1 so can i do it? How ? or should i have to wait for windows 10 upgrade available on 29 july ??...