Windows 10: Query regarding storage space - and how it affects/spreads across multiple User Accounts

Discus and support Query regarding storage space - and how it affects/spreads across multiple User Accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I will try to jump straight in, and describe my query below: ---- I have multiple user accounts on my PC namely 4 administrator accounts. Lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Danske_1801, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Query regarding storage space - and how it affects/spreads across multiple User Accounts

I will try to jump straight in, and describe my query below:

----

I have multiple user accounts on my PC namely 4 administrator accounts.

Lets call them A, B, C, and D.

I use them for different purposes, and they each serve different functions for me.

These different accounts allow me to keep track of my work,

and keep my personal interests organized & categorized, separately.

----

My main issue/concern,

is in regards to storage space, for large apps & games.

For example,

If I install a program/game on Administrator Account A,

and the program/game uses exactly 100 gigabytes of storage space,

how does it affect the total storage space that will be used up across my total 4 administrator user accounts?

> Q:

Will it take 400 gigs total?

100gig X 4 user accounts = 400 gigs total ?

----

I can provide more details as is necessary,

Please let me know what is needed.

----

I apologize in advance,

if my query is in an incorrect topic/thread,

OR, has been addressed previously/elsewhere.

I would be grateful, if I could be alerted if the above has inadvertently occurred -

and I will do my best to address it,

and proceed to raise my concerns in the appropriate/correct forum.

++

Additionally, I have tried to answer this question myself,

However, I have found difficulty in typing in the right search-engine query I am not sure how to phrase it!.

Of what results I have found thus far,

have either not pertained to what I want to know,

or were not easy for me to understand/make sense of.

----

Thank you

:)

Danske_1801, Feb 8, 2021

2. Reclaim storage space after user account deleted - Windows 10

Hi Kim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about storage space on your device used by another user. We will help you with this issue.

As you have not deleted the user account along with the content this issue might have occurred.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Do you wish to save the deleted account files/ folders on your device?
    • Where exactly are you looking for the disk space on your device?

You will have to copy the deleted user account information into the existing user account.

To do so, follow the below steps:

You can log-in with the existing account (Make sure it is an administrator account), try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.
    • Once you copy the content try to delete the folders of previous account.

To reduce the disk space on your device refer to the Microsoft help article:
    Free up drive space on your PC
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2021
  3. User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Query regarding storage space - and how it affects/spreads across multiple User Accounts

adding user accounts for children

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select
      setting
      s.
    • Click on Account and select
      Family and other users
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and
      select add child’s account.
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next.
    • Then click on finish.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Query regarding storage space - and how it affects/spreads across multiple User Accounts

1. Query regarding storage space - and how it affects/spreads across multiple User Accounts - Similar Threads - Query regarding storage

2. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  3. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  6. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  7. User Account affectiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account affectiveness: I am using a live production program with Window 10 pro. Problem: If I use original accountcreated an account while install window10 pro, program runs very smooth. However, after switch to other user account the program is runs differentBad. It uses more CPU then the...
  8. Query regarding updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query regarding updates: Hello, I have a Lenovo PC ideapad S340 14IIL, which offers me system updates, like BIOS updates. Can I download these system updates, while also using Windows updates? Or is Windows update enough for my PC? Thanks....
  9. storage Query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage Query: Hope someone can help. I have an Asus tablet with 29gb of memory. when trying to update to latest version of Windows10, I am told that I have used 28.1gb of memory I Have nothing on my hard drive I have removed everything. So I connected my external hard drive with 1tb of...
  10. Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?: I have 3 drives- One 120Gb SSD which is my boot drive and two 1 TB HDDs which I've combined into a RAID 0 array using Storage Spaces. I need to reinstall Windows 10 because I'm having some driver issues and it's quite buggy for some reason, so I wanted to know if my Storage...