Windows 10: Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10

Discus and support Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have the original Windows 8.1 on my HP Laptop and if I upgrade it to Windows 10 as I am getting windows to upgrade will windows 10 remain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mukul__Gupta, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10

Hi Team,

I have the original Windows 8.1 on my HP Laptop and if I upgrade it to Windows 10 as I am getting windows to upgrade will windows 10 remain original in this case?

Regards,

Mukul Gupta

:)

mukul__Gupta, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 12, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10

Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10 hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10

1. Query regarding upgrading original windows 8.1 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Query regarding upgrading

2. Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.: PC health check is showing that my laptop is not compatible with windows 11 stating that my processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U is not supported. But this processor is present in 'Windows Processor Requirements' list. Why this has happened?Device name: DESKTOP-JPER3FH Processor:...
  3. Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.: PC health check is showing that my laptop is not compatible with windows 11 stating that my processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U is not supported. But this processor is present in 'Windows Processor Requirements' list. Why this has happened?Device name: DESKTOP-JPER3FH Processor:...
  4. Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Query regarding upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 - Query regarding startup apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Query regarding startup apps: Hello guys, when I look at my startup apps it has 2 HpseuHostLauncher's. Both of them say they are made by HP Inc. and have the HP logo on them, but I am concerned that one of them is a fake and is a malware even though I freshly resetted my laptop and I didn't download...
  7. Query regarding Windows 10 purchase

Query regarding Windows 10 purchase: i am a senior citizen, and disable , What is the lowest price I can install windows 10 ***Modified title from: disable*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-regarding-windows-10-purchase/28c256bc-7a81-410c-b3c3-cd1c8c997cee
  8. Important query regarding Windows 10 upgrade

Important query regarding Windows 10 upgrade: Currently I'm using a 64-bit Windows 8.1 laptop. I want to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 for which I want to know that how much free space in C drive and how much Internet data will be required for the upgrade? Please resolve my query....
  9. A query regarding Win7 upgrade to Win10

A query regarding Win7 upgrade to Win10: Thanks to reading the various messages on this excellent forum I've cleared up some initial queries. I'm one of those folk who availed of the free upgrade to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Reassuredly I've read on here that doing a clean install of Win10 from a downloaded ISO (I'll...
  10. Urgent Query regarding windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Urgent Query regarding windows upgrade: i have recently installed fresh windows 7 sp1 on my lappy and registered it and installed all updates etc. but i dont want to stay on 7 rather i want to upgrade to windows 8.1 so can i do it? How ? or should i have to wait for windows 10 upgrade available on 29 july ??...