Windows 10: Query related to installing Four Operating Systems on one Hard Drive

Discus and support Query related to installing Four Operating Systems on one Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2020_01-13, mon ..01:19p PAC Hi "Canadian Tech"-- 1st, supreme thanks for this article:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Palladin6, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Palladin6 Win User

Query related to installing Four Operating Systems on one Hard Drive

2020_01-13, mon ..01:19p PAC

Hi "Canadian Tech"--

1st, supreme thanks for this article:

[https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-be-able-to-download-older-updates-of/84396e9c-006c-48b6-80b9-b6f481c6f09d].

I am scrambling to have on tap a `FINAL STATE` install before eod 2020_01-14. Question: I want to have FOUR independent OS's on a 750GB 2.5'' WD HD }} 1. WinXP for legacy sftwr ; 2. Win07 ult ; 3. LinuxMINT latest and *lastly* 4. Win 10 pro...since somewhere I read the latest [defalt?] OS should be installed LAST.

The plan was to install these in the order shown. However I see that your directions for the W7 install stipulate using "custom" and opting for ONE partition on disk. To do what I'm proposing I need 4 obviously.

So is it possible to do the following actions in sequence?: a 'prep' the destination disk,

b make 4 175GB partitions,

c First, due to time sensitivity, Win07 onto prtn #2,

and then as time allows finish this "master disk" [and image it] so the boot order @ start tracks my preferred partition# sequence.

Again, well done on the article. In thousands of reads inre I.T. matters alone, probably the best, most thorough/cohesive, ahead-thinking I've come across overall, ever.

--Dion "The Corrolater" Smith

***Original title: For "Canadian Tech"...With TWO DAYS LEFT b4 Win07 e.o.l, trying to obtain a "Final State" install on a Four Partition drive taxonomy...help pls?***

:)

Palladin6, Jan 14, 2020

2. operating system on external hard drive

Hi Bhaskarramagiri,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better can you share

• Which Operating System was previously installed?

• Can you share how did you try to format the C drive?

• Are you completely not able to boot the system?

Yes, you can access your internal drives by booting from the external hard disk, by changing the boot order of the "bootable" devices on your computer.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 14, 2020
  3. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Query related to installing Four Operating Systems on one Hard Drive

Query on switching Operating System from one to another Hard Drive

Hello Gilly,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your requirement in this regard.

• You mean to say, switching operating system to another hard drive?
    • Are you concerned about changing drive letters?
    If you say yes for the first question, then you can only do it by performing Clean Install. I mean, you need to take a backup of your both hard drives and need to Install Windows 10 on D: drive. However, there is no manual option to complete this operation.

Sometimes, you might also see problem with Windows 10 activation. Ensure that you should have a valid windows 10 product key, while performing Clean Install.

You can refer below help article provided by Andre Da Costa:

How to: Do a clean install of Windows 10

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Query related to installing Four Operating Systems on one Hard Drive

1. Query related to installing Four Operating Systems on one Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Query related installing

2. One drive related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive related: Today I try to delete a file from onedrive and get an error where I get the pop up a user may have an item open another location close all other session try again to delete word document from onedrive. I try to rename that file, Move that file and also try to change its all...
  3. One drive related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive related: Today I try to delete a file from onedrive and get an error where I get the pop up a user may have an item open another location close all other session try again to delete word document from onedrive. I try to rename that file, Move that file and also try to change its all...
  4. Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?: I have been recently upgrading an old computer I have, i bough an ssd to copy the os onto, I unplugged the hard drive that didn't have os, turned on the computer and apparently it missing BOOTMGR I plug the other hard drive in and pc recovery is needed? Does this mean parts...
  5. Hard drive crashed and operating system not found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive crashed and operating system not found.: My hard drive crashed and I replaced it with a new one. I've tried to reboot my computer but says no operating system is found. I don't have a thumb drive or cd backup to install a new fresh copy of my operating system windows 10. I can't find the old 8.1 version that it...
  6. Query related to resetting credentials for network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to resetting credentials for network drive: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  7. Query related to Installed Memory on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to Installed Memory on PC: I have a Dell E5450 running x64-bit Windows 10 Pro. I have a installed physical memory of 8 GB out of which total physical memory is showing 7.89 GB and available physical memory of 4.15 GB. I don't understand why there is such a huge gap in between these. I checked the...
  8. Query related to Dual Booting Windows 10 on same Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query related to Dual Booting Windows 10 on same Hard Drive: C: \ already installed a Windows10. D: \ & E: \ I use it for personal files. I also want to install a Windows 10 on my F: \, how do I do it? Please be more detailed. ***Original title: I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What...
  9. hard drive partition query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive partition query: I have a Hp Pavillion 500-242 ea pc ...few years old now...came with Windows 8...Now i have installed Windows 10 pro with latest upgrades and use this pc mainly for testing programs instead of using my my main Asus Pc. Now my question is...Hp Pavillion has a 1TB hard drive...
  10. Hard Drive query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive query: I have just done a clean re-install of Windows 10 and, before I started I disconnected all of the drives other than the 'C' drive as is recommended. However, when I came to re-connect the drives I just cannot get the internal one to show up in the directory. It also cannot...