Windows 10: Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard

Discus and support Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW can i have the windows 10 right click menu in front on screen keyboard not behind it ***Link removed by Moderator***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert d chapman, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard

HOW can i have the windows 10 right click menu in front on screen keyboard not behind it

***Link removed by Moderator***

:)

Robert d chapman, Oct 30, 2020

2. KEYBOARD ON NEW LAP TOP DOESNT LIGHT UP.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check for the errors displayed , close the troubleshooter window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, update the device driver from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, check if the changes are effective.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you better.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 30, 2020
  4. yoyoma2 Win User

Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard

On-Screen Keyboard bug changes foreground window

This On-Screen Keyboard bug changes the current foreground window.

Steps:

1. Open Edge and notepad and maximize them (never minimize them)
    2. Select notepad by clicking on it in taskbar (it's now on top)
    3. Open the On-Screen Keyboard (in Windows Ease of access)
    4. Type a few characters into notepad with the On-Screen Keyboard
    5. Minimize the On-Screen Keyboard
    6. Select Edge by clicking on it in taskbar (it's now on top)
    7. Restore the On-Screen Keyboard by clicking on it in taskbar and use it to type into Edge
    Result:

Notepad is now on top

Expected result:

Edge remains on top i.e. the On-Screen Keyboard maintains the current foreground window in which you intended to type.

History:

This superuser Q&A contains links to this bug being reported in windows 8, windows 7 and claims it goes back 17 years to Windows XP.

Workarounds:

Kill the On-Screen Keyboard every time instead of minimizing it. The bug occurs because the On-Screen Keyboard fails to keep track of the current foreground window while minimized.

Patch out the SetForegroundWindow call from the On-Screen Keyboard binary as described in the superuser link above.

Wait 17 more years for Microsoft to fix it.

Tell user to stop being disabled.

yoyoma2, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard

1. Query related to keeping context menu on top of On-screen keyboard - Similar Threads - Query related keeping

2. Refund related queries

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund related queries: I just want the refund promised. I did not renew my subscription to the MS office suite. It did not cancel as I requested and it renewed. I just want my money back. I do not have it installed on my computer. What else do I need to do? ***Original Title: I was promised a...
  3. Query related to screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query related to screen saver: can't turn on screen saver since latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-related-to-screen-saver/a6ab9b82-0ab3-40ae-8c7d-84301e48e554
  4. Query about on-screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query about on-screen keyboard: I’d like to know if I can customize on-screen keyboard and add keys I prefer. Thank you for your reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-on-screen-keyboard/e2a5e570-1d67-4b89-b89d-118a51b7a19f
  5. Query related to Family Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Query related to Family Account: I asked from my laptop my child to join my family, and now she is in a family with "Karel Kareladult who invited her". Then later i asked a few other members of my family to join, trough the MICROSOFT website login, but she wasnt there. I asked her to join again, but she cant...
  6. Query related to Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Query related to Face Recognition: Can we set up on our computer more than one face recognition? ***Original title: hello feature using face recognition*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-related-to-face-recognition/8215552f-9e28-41e7-9fad-d00fbaf01384
  7. Query related to SMB1.0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to SMB1.0: I'm responsible for about 25 computers running different versions of Windows. Some of them see the entire network, but several don't. I just found out that if I enable SMB1 on my computer the problem goes away. I'm running Windows 10 version 1903. Other computers may not be...
  8. Query related to Virtual KVM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to Virtual KVM: Does anyone know if there is such thing as a virtual KVM with the following simple feartures. 1) Requires hardware (like a KVM) 2) The screens are windows rather than taking up a full monitor. I understand RDP and TeamViewer do these things however they require software...
  9. Query related to Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Query related to Firewall: Is windows firewall sufficient enough to protect my computer? Should I go for ZoneAlarm free firewall? (I don't have any hardware based firewall and I am using Avast free antivirus software)...
  10. Folder related query

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder related query: ​i restored a folder to its previous version but i want to undo that and bring it back to its latest version....how do i do it....help appreciated a lot!! 44144