Windows 10: Query related to network sharing between PC's

Discus and support Query related to network sharing between PC's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I graduated from a technical school with an A.S.T. in Network Administration and Security and one of my instructors, along with I believe a Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffWohnsiedler1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Query related to network sharing between PC's

I graduated from a technical school with an A.S.T. in Network Administration and Security and one of my instructors, along with I believe a Windows 7 textbook, explained how to network 2 Windows computers together.

I performed this at home with 2 computers I had at that time, successfully, but that was back around 2011 or 2012, so I forget how it was done.

Also, I'm trying to network 2 different Windows OS's.

First, is it possible

Second, if it is possible, how?

I know that Vista had both the Workgroup as well as Homegroup folders but I know Windows 7 got rid of, I believe, the Homegroup.

Also Windows 10, I read somewhere, got rid of the Workgroup.

I tried turning both Network Sharing along with File and Print Sharing but to no avail.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Wohnsiedler

***Original title: Network a Windows computer with another***

:)

JeffWohnsiedler1, Mar 30, 2020

2. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Network and Sharing

Hi Senay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is almost similar like other Windows Operating Systems.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Search>> Type Network and Sharing center>> Click on it to open (click on Change advanced sharing settings).
    • Then you will find the options to change it to Public.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Query related to network sharing between PC's

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with sharing of file within the computers that are connected in a network after Windows 10 1903 update.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019 in this

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Query related to network sharing between PC's

1. Query related to network sharing between PC's - Similar Threads - Query related network

2. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  3. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  4. Activatation related query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activatation related query: Hi Sir,I activated the window_10 operating system on the customer's laptop.Now, the Customer not taking the laptop.Now, Should I deactivate the operating system HElp of this command:- slmgr /upk and next slmgr /cpkyBut, the question is should I use this key on any other...
  5. network sharing between PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing between PC and Laptop?: I have 3 drives on my PC with windows 10. Need to share on of these drives with my laptop with windows 10.These 2 units are placed in different rooms with the same network at home.Thanks...
  6. Refund related queries

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund related queries: I just want the refund promised. I did not renew my subscription to the MS office suite. It did not cancel as I requested and it renewed. I just want my money back. I do not have it installed on my computer. What else do I need to do? ***Original Title: I was promised a...
  7. Query related to resetting credentials for network drive

Query related to resetting credentials for network drive: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  8. Query related to Installed Memory on PC

Query related to Installed Memory on PC: I have a Dell E5450 running x64-bit Windows 10 Pro. I have a installed physical memory of 8 GB out of which total physical memory is showing 7.89 GB and available physical memory of 4.15 GB. I don't understand why there is such a huge gap in between these. I checked the...
  9. Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties: I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere. EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under "View your active networks" where I see: "Domain.local 2 Domain network" At issue is the "2". I'm just about convinced...
  10. Folder related query

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder related query: ​i restored a folder to its previous version but i want to undo that and bring it back to its latest version....how do i do it....help appreciated a lot!! 44144