Windows 10: Query related to upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Discus and support Query related to upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am on Windows 8.1. and want to upgrade to Windows 10, which I bought. I have no idea how to start the process on my PC - what do I need to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Laurel2020, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Query related to upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

I am on Windows 8.1. and want to upgrade to Windows 10, which I bought. I have no idea how to start the process on my PC - what do I need to do? thank you

***Original title: how do I upgrade to Windows 10 - where to I click to begin the process?***

:)

Laurel2020, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Query related to upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Query related to upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

1. Query related to upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Query related upgrading

2. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  3. License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.: Dear Team, Here I have a query about win11. In my HP laptop, Win11 upgrade available. I want to know that I have license win10 in my laptop for home & student use. please confirm that if I upgrade window11 from window10. the licensed will be continued or need to buy one more...
  4. License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.: Dear Team, Here I have a query about win11. In my HP laptop, Win11 upgrade available. I want to know that I have license win10 in my laptop for home & student use. please confirm that if I upgrade window11 from window10. the licensed will be continued or need to buy one more...
  5. Query related to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Query related to Windows: I have purchased a lenovo laptop with Window 10 now its webcam and myc is not working the service centre has asked me to installation of OS that will need to re-installation of windows, i am not able to understand what is the connection of windows and webcam.Can anyone help...
  6. Query related to Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query related to Windows Updates: Do I need all of the updates that Windows is rolling out ? I don't work from home and this is my personnel home PC. ***Modified title from: Home PC*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-related-to-windows-updates/99bcd24b-760e-4e00-afc5-909f90cb3a2d
  7. Query related to purchase of Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Query related to purchase of Windows 10: I was trying to buy windows 10 home through the microsoft online store. The store defaulted to US at first, so I changed it to my location, Philippines. Why is Windows 10 more expensive when I buy it from the Philippines? What happens when I buy it from other locations?...
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. Query related to Logs generated during Windows 10 upgrade

Query related to Logs generated during Windows 10 upgrade: I have recently upgraded Windows 10 from 1803 to 1809 using Windows Update Assistant tool. After upgrade I found logs generated in C: drive and in logs I found below: 1. "C:\Windows10Upgrade.exe" /Install /ClientID Win10Upgrade:VNL:NHV19:{} /SkipEULA /EosUi 2....