Windows 10: Query : weird partition with weird folder

Discus and support Query : weird partition with weird folder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. To start, I've got a Dell pc. It seems they add weird partitions. I've got the normal ESP partition first. It's fat32. The second partition, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardC, Apr 22, 2020.

1. RichardC Win User

Query : weird partition with weird folder

Hi all. To start, I've got a Dell pc. It seems they add weird partitions. I've got the normal ESP partition first. It's fat32. The second partition, I believe it's created by Windows, is 40mb and is labeled "diags". The strange thing is that it's also fat32 and includes one folder: system volume information. Inside the folder is WPSettings.dat. Now from researching the web, that file has to deal with windows phone. Why would windows put it there? Is It safe to delete the contents of the partition and shouldn't it be formatted NTFS? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

RichardC, Apr 22, 2020

2. Weird Folders

Hi, my folders are acting weird. When I try and minimize them so I can move stuff between folders, they get all weird and it's really hard to move stuff because there is only a small white space and I can't see any of the stuff already in the folders.
    Is this a glitch or is this just how the folders are?

Beneboops18, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Bansaku Win User
    Weird Overclock

This is not weird in any way. 1600MHz idle is normal for i7 3770K, it's called Speed Step. The CPU will not stay at the max turbo speed or over clock unless under load.

Bansaku, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Query : weird partition with weird folder

weird folder

so i was doing a presentation for biology and i made a folder on my usb drive. i named that folder "zarnjaci" and when i made it in the folder there was a bunch of folders and files with weird names like ╦Łq!î=.˛žý and similar and i couldnt open them.
    it showed that that folder was 60 gb and i couldnt delete it (my usb drive is 8gb). but when i pulled out the usb and putted it back in it was gone. can someone help why did that happen?

Antonio Bogdan, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Query : weird partition with weird folder

1. Query : weird partition with weird folder - Similar Threads - Query weird partition

2. Weird folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird folder: There is a folder called "firebase-heartbeat" in the appdata/local directory. what is this, and should i be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/207a514f-86e3-494d-89d1-77e154cb61bc
  3. Weird folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird folder: There is a folder called "firebase-heartbeat" in the appdata/local directory. what is this, and should i be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/207a514f-86e3-494d-89d1-77e154cb61bc
  4. Weird Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Folder: why is there a GOG.com folder in appdata\local? I didnt install anything from there. Theres also a bunch of files in there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/33a6e0cc-bacd-433e-9b67-691652d1d7c6
  5. Weird Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Folder: why is there a GOG.com folder in appdata\local? I didnt install anything from there. Theres also a bunch of files in there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/33a6e0cc-bacd-433e-9b67-691652d1d7c6
  6. Weird Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Recovery Partition: Why is the partition not greyed at the top? Where did the partition go? If I go to Disk part on the command prompt, I could see that the weird partition is a recovery partition. Please help me fix the weird partition! I am afraid that my computer is broken....
  7. Connected HDD’s Partitions Are Weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected HDD’s Partitions Are Weird: Hello there. After some problems with my previous Windows that faced some problems and ran into a blue screen that caused a lot of problems for my HDD that made it unusable, I decided to connect my laptop’s internal HDD to another computer. Sadly I see partitions like this...
  8. Weird Folders

Weird Folders: Hi, my folders are acting weird. When I try and minimize them so I can move stuff between folders, they get all weird and it's really hard to move stuff because there is only a small white space and I can't see any of the stuff already in the folders. Is this a glitch or is...
  9. weird folder

weird folder: so i was doing a presentation for biology and i made a folder on my usb drive. i named that folder "zarnjaci" and when i made it in the folder there was a bunch of folders and files with weird names like ╦Łq!î=.˛žý and similar and i couldnt open them. it showed that that...
  10. Partitions are Different and Weird!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions are Different and Weird!: I am running 1703, there was a big update the other day, and now I see the screen below. It's confusing, weird, and I'd like to change it but am worried about wrecking the system. Disks 2-4 are locked up - I can't assign USB drives unless I use disk 5. Very strange. Any...