Windows 10: Query Windows Search Indexing database

Discus and support Query Windows Search Indexing database in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey guys,I broke one of my external HDDs yesterday, it fell to the floor and now its not being detected at all..Is there a way to query the Windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DobriDobrev, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Query Windows Search Indexing database

Hey guys,I broke one of my external HDDs yesterday, it fell to the floor and now its not being detected at all..Is there a way to query the Windows Search Indexing database to get a list of *G:/paths/file names* that were previously residing in drive letter "G" ?That way at least I'd be able to get a list of things I've lost, so I can try to at least partially recreate on a new disk.Hopefully someone would be able to help...Regards,D

:)

DobriDobrev, Dec 24, 2022

2. directly query the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database?

Is there a way to directly query (e.g. SQL, or a purpose-built application) the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database?

I've had - and so many others, too, have had - such problems with Windows 10 desktop Search - slow, incomplete, unreliable - that it could be very useful to be able to query the database directly, to isolate whether the problem is in the UI, the way the
    UI queries the index, or in the index itself.

Does such a query tool exist?

thanks.

Jay Libove, Dec 24, 2022
  3. 1Strive Win User
    Database Question... Allow Indexing?

Oracle

1Strive, Dec 24, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Query Windows Search Indexing database

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 24, 2022
Thema:

Query Windows Search Indexing database

1. Query Windows Search Indexing database - Similar Threads - Query Search Indexing

2. Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up: Whenever I perform a full disk image restore which uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service, it never restores the search index database. This means that it has to be rebuilt from scratch every time, which can take many hours.I can't find any exclusions for the folder:...
  3. Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up: Whenever I perform a full disk image restore which uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service, it never restores the search index database. This means that it has to be rebuilt from scratch every time, which can take many hours.I can't find any exclusions for the folder:...
  4. Query Windows Search Indexing database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query Windows Search Indexing database: Hey guys,I broke one of my external HDDs yesterday, it fell to the floor and now its not being detected at all..Is there a way to query the Windows Search Indexing database to get a list of *G:/paths/file names* that were previously residing in drive letter "G" ?That way at...
  5. Query Windows Search Indexing database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query Windows Search Indexing database: Hey guys,I broke one of my external HDDs yesterday, it fell to the floor and now its not being detected at all..Is there a way to query the Windows Search Indexing database to get a list of *G:/paths/file names* that were previously residing in drive letter "G" ?That way at...
  6. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: hello the search in taskbar stopped working for some reason it i think crashes when i type or click on something in it, i have tried running the trouble shooter multiple times nothing, did this thing with power shell still nothing, did the w + r and then command Still nothing...
  7. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  8. directly query the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database?

in Cortana
    directly query the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database?: Is there a way to directly query e.g. SQL, or a purpose-built application the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database? I've had - and so many others, too, have had - such problems with Windows 10 desktop Search - slow, incomplete, unreliable - that it could be very useful...
  9. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  10. How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

in Cortana
    How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?: How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? After my system (windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.379) has been up for a few days, indexing is still running and typically reports about 1.7 million items indexed. Not at all...