Windows 10: Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives

Discus and support Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm installing Windows 10 as a kind of "burner machine" on my second SSD soon, and I just have one question. Let's say I un-assign the drive letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NickTsl, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives

I'm installing Windows 10 as a kind of "burner machine" on my second SSD soon, and I just have one question.

Let's say I un-assign the drive letter from my main drive in my burner machine, or disable the disk from device manager completely.
    Will this be enough to stop programs that delete files and mess with registry from messing with my main machine? I figured setting it as unallocated space or disabling it might be a better idea than unplugging it every time.

submitted by /u/NickTsl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NickTsl, Feb 26, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 26, 2021
  3. little cat, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Phusius Win User

Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives

1. Question about 2 different windows installations on separate drives - Similar Threads - Question different installations

2. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: i recently bought a ssd and installed it in my pc gave to a center and now i noticed that i have two windows folders on two different drives C and D.I saw a similar thread with the same question and checked it.The problem was almost similar to mine so i was following the...
  3. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  4. Question about dual booting windows 10 on 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about dual booting windows 10 on 2 different drives: Say you already have windows (1) installed on drive 1. Later you install windows (2) on drive 2. Now windows boot manager will pop up to ask you which windows to load on each boot. What happens if drive 2 is disconnected. Will it automatically load windows 1 like windows 2...
  5. Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.

Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.: I'm refurbishing an oldish HP mini PC for my daughter to use. I've already made the media creation tool and now, I want to install windows 10 pro on the hard drive that is going in the HP using my work computer. Reason being; I know it will need to download a ton of updates...
  6. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  7. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  8. Question about USB installation drive

Question about USB installation drive: Hi, could Windows have problems if it was installed with a USB bootable drive that was prepared from an external HDD? Let me explain: since I didn't want to uselessly load the PC on which I prepared the installation USB drive I sent it at download to an external HDD. Now, I...
  9. 2 copies of Windows on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 copies of Windows on separate drives?: I have a laptop and would like to install a "clean" copy of Windows for my recording studio application. Thus when I want to run regular PC apps I load the Windows that came with the PC. When I want to record, I load the "clean" copy. I know its possible to install two but...
  10. Question about install

Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...