Windows 10: Question about a freeze I just had.

Discus and support Question about a freeze I just had. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was doing nothing out of the norm on my PC, watching a video and browsing when I got a freeze. I could still move my mouse and open the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ghasiak, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Question about a freeze I just had.

So I was doing nothing out of the norm on my PC, watching a video and browsing when I got a freeze. I could still move my mouse and open the start button. When I went to hit restart or shutdown nothing would happen. Only way was a hard reset. About 2 weeks ago I updated to the most recent windows update. Would there be any correlation between these two? I have read about freeze issues w this update. Very rarely encounter any issues like this so just alittle curious.

submitted by /u/Ghasiak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ghasiak, Sep 28, 2020

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Question about a freeze I just had.

Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Question about a freeze I just had.

1. Question about a freeze I just had. - Similar Threads - Question freeze

2. Questions about curl app, system app and apps freeze sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about curl app, system app and apps freeze sometimes: Hello,After October or November 2023 update, all browsers and apps freeze for brief periods, every day.I have run SFC and DISM and errors where repaired, I don´t have the logs anymore.On 07-01-2024 ran sfc /scannow, no issues where found, but the CBS.log has some...
  3. Questions about curl app, system app and apps freeze sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions about curl app, system app and apps freeze sometimes: Hello,After October or November 2023 update, all browsers and apps freeze for brief periods, every day.I have run SFC and DISM and errors where repaired, I don´t have the logs anymore.On 07-01-2024 ran sfc /scannow, no issues where found, but the CBS.log has some...
  4. Questions about curl app, system app and apps freeze sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing: I work with my pc and move alot of photos, recently my file explorer keeps locking up on me and crashing, I ran a sfc /scannow and it gave me this result * Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  6. SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing

SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing: I work with my pc and move alot of photos, recently my file explorer keeps locking up on me and crashing, I ran a sfc /scannow and it gave me this result * Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  7. Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...: Windows 11,This is getting seriously annoying please help me out.My chrome or edge just freezes after sometime and its not the processor not memory issue I have 1 tb ssd and 16 gb ram with 3060 graphics . REST COMPUTER WORKS COMPLETELY FINE not hanging or having any issues...
  8. Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...

Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...: Windows 11,This is getting seriously annoying please help me out.My chrome or edge just freezes after sometime and its not the processor not memory issue I have 1 tb ssd and 16 gb ram with 3060 graphics . REST COMPUTER WORKS COMPLETELY FINE not hanging or having any issues...
  9. Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question The USB icon freezes, no context menu when you left click it.: sometimes the icon freezes and I cannot get a context menu when I left click it...here is the photo of the icon in red rectangle: [ATTACH]...
  10. Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions: Hi everyone, so some months ago my father's laptop (Asus Q504U) started having some issues, it would randomly freeze, forcing me to shut it down by holding the power button. This made the laptop useless. After some time of troubleshooting and doing a fresh install of Win...