Windows 10: question about a notebook Medion P6631?

Discus and support question about a notebook Medion P6631? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i bought this laptop for 130 eur about a week ago installed is a ssd with 240gb 4gb ram, an i5 2450m and an nvidia gt 540m. it's all about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pacepace2k20, Aug 9, 2020.

1. question about a notebook Medion P6631?

i bought this laptop for 130 eur about a week ago

installed is a ssd with 240gb 4gb ram, an i5 2450m and an nvidia gt 540m.

it's all about the graphics card.

the laptop also has an onboard graphics unit from intel.

the problem is that even though i have installed all the drivers under windows 10, i can't get it to play games or run programs on the nvidia card. i can right-click on any program or game and select "run nvidia with GPU", but it won't be activated because all games only show the intel hd 3000. i have also checked the bios, but there you can't change anything regarding the graphics card. if i uninstall the intel graphics driver, my resolution shrinks to a measly 1024x768. and if i try to start games there, the game shits directly.

or windows 10 is simply not compatible with this 9 year old lappy.

even the wlan is crazy. sometimes it simply switches off several times, which I then always have to reactivate with a hotkey.

I hope you can help me before I throw this laptop from the balcony from rage. I really do not understand why the nvidia does not run.

:)

pacepace2k20, Aug 9, 2020

2. Can I do a Windows 10 upgrade on Medion Akoya Notebook laptop about 6 years old with Windows 7?

*Original Title: Update to Windows 10

I have a Medion Akoya Notebook laptop about 6 years old with Windows 7. I was advised yesterday by a Microsoft that it is not a good idea to do the free update to Windows 10

RussellWolstenholme, Aug 9, 2020
  3. rockit00 Win User
    Medion MIM2120

Hey, I haven't seen one on eBay but you need a 15.4" WXGA Laptop LCD. It is very common and there is a list of all the brands that use this screen. Go to PDA Parts Factory and there is a list of about 50+ models you could choose from for a replacement. Find a faulty one of them and you'll be in luck!*Smile question about a notebook Medion P6631? :)

rockit00, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

question about a notebook Medion P6631?

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

question about a notebook Medion P6631?

1. question about a notebook Medion P6631? - Similar Threads - question notebook Medion

2. Question for hp15 notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question for hp15 notebook: Hi, my laptop Hp15 AMD have been hardware diagnosics uefi and also one or more products of the following patents; us6,570,884,us6,115,776 and us6,327,625. I've no idiea to fix those problems. I'ld like to request to someons who can fix those problem Please ....
  3. medion laptop

medion laptop: needing help ive bought a medion akoya laptop 2nd from cash generator was working great for a year and all of a sudden i cant access it anymore its asking for a password with a blue box on start up too which i never set i contacted the place where a bought it and they dont...
  4. Medion Akoya E7214 Notebook PC

Medion Akoya E7214 Notebook PC: After updating the latest Windows Update the screen turned blue and it just said 'Installing Updates' but it never moved from that screen and I had to turn the computer off via the battery after two hours. To get my laptop working again I had to reboot which put Windows 7...
  5. Question about monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about monitors: Is it possible to use my laptop as a second monitor using a wire? I don't want to use wireless because I don't always have connection. Thanks in advance. Preferably free, but low cost should be fine. submitted by /u/Faramir_1233 [link] [comments]...
  6. Questions about tracking

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about tracking: I've started using the new Stable version of Edgeium so much that I'm thinking about switching over to it full-time. So that causes me to ask -- does MS track all the sites and URLs I use with it? IF so, is there any way to disable this? I can find lots of info about the MS...
  7. I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.: As the topic said above [I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.] I know that install 2 different ram capatibility will low the ram that why I will remove the 2 ram in my notebook and install this new. Can I install this ram on my notebook ? [img] Here is...
  8. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226
  9. Question about Securom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Securom: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago now and I've really been enjoying the new OS. However I have an older game that is having some problems running. I would roll back to Windows 8.1 but that option is no longer available to me in the settings under update and recovery...
  10. Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative: Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496 on 30 September an automatic Update started for Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496 - after many hours the update was still on 45% download, and because I had to leave...