Windows 10: Question about after an upgrade

Discus and support Question about after an upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, after upgrading 8.1 to win 10 Home, i have a "Windows.old" directory. can i safely delete it seeing as i have no plans of downgrading it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Funky, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Funky Win User

Question about after an upgrade

Hi, after upgrading 8.1 to win 10 Home, i have a "Windows.old" directory.
    can i safely delete it seeing as i have no plans of downgrading it back to 8.1.

Thank You in advance if you answer *Smile

:)

Funky, Mar 27, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 27, 2016
  3. A Question About Upgrading

I have a 32-bit PC, and I am wondering if I can upgrade it to 64-bit during or after the installation of Windows 10. also, will I lose anything that has been installed or saved in my PC prior to upgrading?

HoussamMrabet, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Funky, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yes, you can safely delete the Windows.old folder since you have no plans on going back to the previous Windows.

I would recommend to wait at least a week before you do to make sure that everything is running properly first, and that there's nothing in the folder you may want later.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Mar 27, 2016
  5. Wullail Win User
    what Brink said , don't just delete it manually though , use the Windows Clean-up utility.

Wullail, Mar 27, 2016
  6. Funky Win User
    Thanks very much for the info Guys, will do it via the link .

Funky, Mar 27, 2016
  7. mrgeek Win User
    It should be noted that it will self delete after 30 days as a scheduled disk cleanup task too, so no rush to decide.

mrgeek, Mar 27, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about after an upgrade - Similar Threads - Question upgrade

2. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  3. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  4. Question on Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 10 was installed for free by Microsoft as an upgrade to the existing Windows 7 on this PC. I have only the Windows 7 product key. The issue is that the PC is non-compliant for Windows...
  5. Question on Upgrade to Windows 11

Question on Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 10 was installed for free by Microsoft as an upgrade to the existing Windows 7 on this PC. I have only the Windows 7 product key. The issue is that the PC is non-compliant for Windows...
  6. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  7. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  8. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC: I have an aging Acer PC that will need replacing over the coming year or so due to not being able to take Windows 11 no TPM at all and unsupported processor error from the Health Check app. When it was new, it came with an OEM installation of Windows Vista.When Windows 8 or...
  9. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC: I have an aging Acer PC that will need replacing over the coming year or so due to not being able to take Windows 11 no TPM at all and unsupported processor error from the Health Check app. When it was new, it came with an OEM installation of Windows Vista.When Windows 8 or...
  10. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC