Windows 10: Question about AMD legacy drivers

Discus and support Question about AMD legacy drivers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Are there any available drivers for the radeon HD 5000 to 7000 series cards for 1809? I'm asking because just in case I buy a card that is in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RoasterMen, May 7, 2021.

1. Question about AMD legacy drivers

Hi Are there any available drivers for the radeon HD 5000 to 7000 series cards for 1809? I'm asking because just in case I buy a card that is in the said family I wouldn't have problems installing the drivers for it. Any tutorials for installing as well? Thanks!

:)

RoasterMen, May 7, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2021
  3. Legacy amd driver in windows update

I have a legacy amd Radeon HD4000 series and windows 10 has the driver in updates. I have the card in window server 2012 and cannot get the update. Is there another way to get the update. Website says "Driver support for these products under Windows®
    8.1 and Windows® 10 is only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update to allow it to automatically detect and install display driver version 8.970.100.9001"

MikeAnderson44, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Question about AMD legacy drivers

1. Question about AMD legacy drivers - Similar Threads - Question AMD legacy

2. Photos Legacy question! This is a question about the "back" side/"reverse" side/custom...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Legacy question! This is a question about the "back" side/"reverse" side/custom...: SEE IMAGE ABOVE Why do some of these very faint, light blue rectangular areas above match up with the custom audio files that we've uploaded?Why do some not match up with ANYTHING?Why do some "kind of" match up half-way with a custom audio file?Are these just vague,...
  3. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  4. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  5. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. questions about biometric drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    questions about biometric drivers: Okay, so I just got an eikon mini fingerprint reader. I plugged it in, and its driver doesn't install. When I attempt to locate a driver, I found a bunch of old and depreciated links that don't go anywhere. I would like to know if there is any generic driver that I could use...
  7. Two Questions About AMD 5700 Series

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two Questions About AMD 5700 Series: After eight years I am in the process of putting together a new Ryzen 3rd Gen system. I have all the parts except monitor and video card. I have been well aware of the issues concerning the 5700 cards but since the release of the Adrenalin 20.2.2 these issues have been...
  8. Questions about driver troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about driver troubleshooting.: If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them? This question is asked just in case something like this happened in the future. [img] Any input would appreciated. 23020
  9. Amd display driver amdkmdap question

Amd display driver amdkmdap question: The System32 folder has atikmpag.sys 499kb dated 8/11/2016 The AMD (for Radeon R7 200) 16.12.1 downloaded yesterday with a clean install has atikmpag.sys 518 kb 12/7/2016 Since the 'clean' install was chosen from the Catalyst control panel and that routine did take place...
  10. Question about amd catalyst control center

Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954