Windows 10: Question about an icon

Discus and support Question about an icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You know that little Windows Defender Icon in the right hand corner of your toolbar? Mine keeps having that little yellow triangle next it it that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by giantoctopus69, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Question about an icon

You know that little Windows Defender Icon in the right hand corner of your toolbar? Mine keeps having that little yellow triangle next it it that says "Actions Recommended" rather than the green window to indicate everything is OK. Yet when I click on it everything seems to be fine with my security. So what gives?

Question about an icon 44408300-f62c-4fa8-bb78-eeaa93a23e7b?upload=true.jpg

:)

giantoctopus69, Jul 9, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Can't get back to the original screen with all icons

Hi Richard,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with your icons. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Did you mean that your desktop icons were not auto-arranged?
    • Is your auto-arrange icons enabled or not?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase questions and concerns in our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Question about an icon

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Question about an icon

1. Question about an icon - Similar Threads - Question icon

2. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  3. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  4. Followup to Question about folder icons turning white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followup to Question about folder icons turning white: The following instructions were offered:You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db files that start with iconcache.Reset the iconFind the...
  5. Followup to Question about folder icons turning white

Followup to Question about folder icons turning white: The following instructions were offered:You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db files that start with iconcache.Reset the iconFind the...
  6. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question: On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was...
  7. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question: On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was...
  8. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Question about program icons in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...
  10. Question about program icons in Win11

Question about program icons in Win11: On my Win11 PC I have 2 users which use the same programs. Both have the same programs pinned to a taskbar. One user sees the correct icons pinned to a taskbar, the other one sees the same generic icon pinned a taskbar which represent different program. For example the second...