Windows 10: Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

Discus and support Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am looking for some clarification on the ASR rule configuration and how it plays into the Defender for Endpoint P1 license. I recently bought a P1... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nick_Z1, May 11, 2023.

1. Nick_Z1 Win User

Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

I am looking for some clarification on the ASR rule configuration and how it plays into the Defender for Endpoint P1 license. I recently bought a P1 license to test ASR rules on endpoints, configured a GP with ASR rules configured to apply to my endpoint, then applied the license to me. Soon after, my developer let me know that he was being blocked from executing a visual basic app. It was one of the rules I set for myself, but I noticed the GP also included another set of users by accident. He did not have a P1 license, nor was his endpoint onboarded in the Windows Security dashboard.Question

:)

Nick_Z1, May 11, 2023
Thema:

Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

1. Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1 - Similar Threads - Question ASR Rules

2. Mouse and Keyboard installtion blocked by Dfender for Endpoint ASR policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard installtion blocked by Dfender for Endpoint ASR policy: Hi,I am creating a new policy for removal device protection under Defender for endpoint ASR. now along with removal storage devices. all mouse and keyboard's are getting blocked. is there a way to exclude such devices from policy?...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard installtion blocked by Dfender for Endpoint ASR policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard installtion blocked by Dfender for Endpoint ASR policy: Hi,I am creating a new policy for removal device protection under Defender for endpoint ASR. now along with removal storage devices. all mouse and keyboard's are getting blocked. is there a way to exclude such devices from policy?...
  4. Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1: I am looking for some clarification on the ASR rule configuration and how it plays into the Defender for Endpoint P1 license. I recently bought a P1 license to test ASR rules on endpoints, configured a GP with ASR rules configured to apply to my endpoint, then applied the...
  5. Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1: I am looking for some clarification on the ASR rule configuration and how it plays into the Defender for Endpoint P1 license. I recently bought a P1 license to test ASR rules on endpoints, configured a GP with ASR rules configured to apply to my endpoint, then applied the...
  6. Question about Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Windows Defender: ENG:Good evening everyone, my McAfee subscription has recently expired and given that most of the antivirus options are rightly disabled because the subscription has expired, I was wondering if it is better to uninstall it and perhaps switch to a free antivirus like AVG which...
  7. Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive

Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive: Hi,We have ASR rules configured on MS Defender in company.Some users noticed that they can't use their hardware encrypted USB flash drives as when they try to run application to unlock drive TotalLock.exe nothing happens but in the logs you can see that ASR rule: Block...
  8. Question about Microsoft Defender

Question about Microsoft Defender: Will Microsoft release a mobile version of Microsoft Defender for consumers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-defender/515acd9e-9db4-4cca-a8f1-7c7cf3e5773f
  9. Question about windows defender

Question about windows defender: I am going to remove my antivirus right now because its waste so many memory, and i am planning to use windows defender, but i have been turn off windows defender for about 4-5 month since i install my previous antivirus. If i turn it on right now, does it will work properly?...
  10. question about firewall outbound rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about firewall outbound rules: hi there *Smile I intend to create an outbound rule in Windows Firewall to block connections certain software might attempt to make. My question is if I can add an IP exception, like blocking all outbound connections with the exception of certain IP address where the...