Windows 10: Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium)

Discus and support Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just started using macrium and I’m curious about something I installed it on my windows disk and backed up that entire disk onto an external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drowned1218, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium)

So I just started using macrium and I’m curious about something I installed it on my windows disk and backed up that entire disk onto an external hard drive and have created a usb rescue for it but I’m not sure about something...

I know you can restore it through the usb or in windows by itself but what happens when say you completely reinstall windows on a new disk how do you access macrium?

Because it wouldn’t be installed and you’d have to reinstall it is there some way it would recognize your external image or anything or how would that work?

submitted by /u/Drowned1218
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drowned1218, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Jan 3, 2021
  3. monim1 Win User
    Looking for Backup Software with Specific Features

Nova BACKUP, Macrium Reflect etc are best data backup software with special feature. You can try these.

monim1, Jan 3, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium)

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium) [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium)

1. Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium) - Similar Threads - Question Backups Specifically

2. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  3. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. Macrium Reflect free allows 4 differential backups per full backup. If I have a full backup and 1 differential backup and I want to make a second differential backup, does it matter if I make it from the 1st differential backup or from the full backup? Thanks in advance...
  5. Macrium backup question

Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  6. Macrium backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  7. Question about Macrium Reflect

Question about Macrium Reflect: Better late than never, but I've finally started using backup/cloning software, namely Macrium Reflect considering all the praise it gets. But I need to ask, is downloading the PE files used for creating a restore USB necessary if I'm just going to be cloning my drive?...
  8. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  9. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  10. Questions about macrium

Questions about macrium: I usually use Windows in built image software but it's slow. So I am trying macrium. It's so much quicker. But when I select my discs to image I can only select my main Windows SSD and its affiliated partitions. It's under GPT1. I have a larger internal mechanical 3 tb drive...