Windows 10: Question about being hacked.

Discus and support Question about being hacked. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! Is it possible to reset my windows 10 laptop's 4 digit pin on the Microsoft website? I think that my laptop got hacked so I can't sign back in.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamKharlab, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Question about being hacked.

Hi! Is it possible to reset my windows 10 laptop's 4 digit pin on the Microsoft website? I think that my laptop got hacked so I can't sign back in.

:)

AdamKharlab, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 20, 2020
  3. R.Mike Win User
    Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Question about being hacked.

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Question about being hacked.

1. Question about being hacked. - Similar Threads - Question being hacked

2. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  3. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  4. About being hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About being hacked: Last week and again this week I've been advised of online purchases with two major retailors that I never made. They were charged to my credit card, one through PayPal and the other direct to my card. These fraudsters have both my credit card number and my address The charges...
  5. About being hacked

About being hacked: Last week and again this week I've been advised of online purchases with two major retailors that I never made. They were charged to my credit card, one through PayPal and the other direct to my card. These fraudsters have both my credit card number and my address The charges...
  6. About being hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Question about hacking windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about hacking windows.: Hello , I'm a Syrian student , I have bought a hp laptop with perinstalled win version , hacking windows became very common in Syria so I don't know if my windows version is legal, how could I know??? , I don't want to use hacked win version.And thanks for you....
  8. Question about hacking windows.

Question about hacking windows.: Hello , I'm a Syrian student , I have bought a hp laptop with perinstalled win version , hacking windows became very common in Syria so I don't know if my windows version is legal, how could I know??? , I don't want to use hacked win version.And thanks for you....
  9. Call about being hacked

Call about being hacked: My mother-in-law just received a call about her computer being hacked, she didn't give them access and asked if she could call them back and then called me, I told her it's a scam to shut down her computer for now. I was wondering if you would like the number she was give to...
  10. Being hacked

Being hacked: A pop up came on my screen and said it was microsoft and to call this number 1-855-833-9547. They convinced me to give them access to the computer. I now know it was not Microsoft what should I do 12 hours later other than change all passwords....