Windows 10: question about boot up on new pc

Discus and support question about boot up on new pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So as I said I got a new pc for gaming but when I boot it comes to a page I have never seen before giving me 10 seconds to choose between booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Exiled Mystique, May 16, 2021.

1. question about boot up on new pc

So as I said I got a new pc for gaming but when I boot it comes to a page I have never seen before giving me 10 seconds to choose between booting windows 10 or windows 10 recovery and under it it talks about changing the default option is this normal for a new pc if not how do I set the default option as windows 10 so the window does not come up again

:)

Exiled Mystique, May 16, 2021

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, May 16, 2021
  3. Unable to boot the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to boot the PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to export and delete the BCD store and rebuild the BCD store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Create
      a bootable media
      and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On
      the initial setup screen, select the language and other
      preferences
      and click on Next. (If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
    3. Now,
      click on Repair your computer.
    4. On
      the System Recovery Options screen, select Troubleshoot>
      Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    5. Now
      type in the commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h –r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 16, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

question about boot up on new pc

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 16, 2021
Thema:

question about boot up on new pc

1. question about boot up on new pc - Similar Threads - question boot

2. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  3. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  4. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Windows Licensing and Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows Licensing and Booting: Hi , i got 2 questions here,. and i would like if its posible to get official replay from microsoft aswell so i know its 100% correct.question 1 : i buy a windows licens some time ago that i didnt use yet from a site called <Removed> , the prices the site sell windows licens...
  6. Question about Windows Licensing and Booting

Question about Windows Licensing and Booting: Hi , i got 2 questions here,. and i would like if its posible to get official replay from microsoft aswell so i know its 100% correct.question 1 : i buy a windows licens some time ago that i didnt use yet from a site called <Removed> , the prices the site sell windows licens...
  7. Windows 10 pro and Windows 11 pro same product key dual boot question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro and Windows 11 pro same product key dual boot question: Is it illegal or legal to put Windows 10 pro and windows 11 pro dual with same product key? My computer original had windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-windows-11-pro-same-product-key/a9d4cef0-773d-4895-8252-9e32fb87693f
  8. Windows 10 pro and Windows 11 pro same product key dual boot question

Windows 10 pro and Windows 11 pro same product key dual boot question: Is it illegal or legal to put Windows 10 pro and windows 11 pro dual with same product key? My computer original had windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-windows-11-pro-same-product-key/a9d4cef0-773d-4895-8252-9e32fb87693f
  9. My question is simple : What means "permanent" into the check option “Make all boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is simple : What means "permanent" into the check option “Make all boot...: My question is simple : What means "permanent" into the check option “Make all boot settings permanent” ?I suppose that this option means the configuration will remain until you change it by running again msconfig while if not checked it will be used just once.This should...
  10. My question is simple : What means "permanent" into the check option “Make all boot...

My question is simple : What means "permanent" into the check option “Make all boot...: My question is simple : What means "permanent" into the check option “Make all boot settings permanent” ?I suppose that this option means the configuration will remain until you change it by running again msconfig while if not checked it will be used just once.This should...