Windows 10: Question About Browser Security

Discus and support Question About Browser Security in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gregyurkon, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Question About Browser Security

My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues when using unsupported browsers?

(Edited to correct a typo.)

:)

gregyurkon, Nov 14, 2015
  2. FriskyFox Win User

question about Norton Security

I cant find the remover!!!

FriskyFox, Nov 14, 2015
  3. question about Norton Security

I just updated my pc from windows 7 too windows 10 should delete my Norton antivirus or is all ok some said windows ten had its own?

G. CoreyMcCormick, Nov 14, 2015
  4. torre Win User

Question About Browser Security

Possible, but check out "Safe Money", a tool that comes with Kaspersky Internet Security. It is dedicated to opening a secure browser for financial transactions.

You can download the Kaspersky free trial and there are great deals for Kaspersky to be found on sites like Fry's and ebay.

(I am not affiliated with Kaspersky, but use/trust its products)

torre, Nov 14, 2015
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    Security is only as good as the website wants it to be. IOW, the 'guard at the gate' greets and shakes hand with the browser, and ensures minimum requirements are met. If one uses a workaround to make one's browser identify as IE (user-agent switching), the browser still has to respond to the hopefully strong handshake required.

If the browser is kept up to date not only by the user, but by the coder as it relates to security issues, then the only concern should be with the website, the servers, the administrators and their due diligence.

pyramid10, Nov 14, 2015
  6. Thanks for the information. I don't know anything about user agents or stuff like that; the only work around I used has to do with the fact that in Chrome the Login button on the bank's homepage goes to a blank page. I clicked the Login button in IE, pasted the address of the login page into Chrome, and bookmarked it.

gregyurkon, Nov 14, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    When using an unsupported browser you must accept that there may be security risks or things that may not work as expected. Your bank has not tested this configuration and you are in uncharted territory. If you have problems the bank will simply tell you to use a supported browser.

LMiller7, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Question About Browser Security

That's pretty much the kind of thing I was thinking.

gregyurkon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Question About Browser Security

1. Question About Browser Security - Similar Threads - Question Browser Security

2. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  3. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  4. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Question about secure boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about secure boot.: Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling and enabling secure boot affect my PC in anyway ? Will it mess up windows ?...
  6. Question about win10 security features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about win10 security features: Cheers! A simple question: Provided I have a PIN set during the setup of my win10 OS on my desktop, is there ever a situation where the OS requires me to type in my Microsoft account password also created during setup as the OS demanded it. If there is such a case, is there...
  7. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  8. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  9. question about Epic privacy browser

in Browsers and Email
    question about Epic privacy browser: HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...