Windows 10: Question about Cat5E cable

Discus and support Question about Cat5E cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all I have two cat5E cables one of them works on all three devices I have laptop, PS3, and streaming Box. The other one works on laptop only.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fadi, Nov 5, 2018.

1. fadi Win User

Question about Cat5E cable

Hi all

I have two cat5E cables one of them works on all three devices I have laptop, PS3, and streaming Box.

The other one works on laptop only. What are the reason that the other cable doesn't work on PS3 and streaming box.

:)

fadi, Nov 5, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

450Ft+ Networking? Phoneline and cat5e....

Okay, I think I got what you need from the info you've provide.

What you need is the following:
    • Direct burial cat5e/6 cable
    • PoE injector
    • PoE splitter
    • Switch
    • Outdoor weather proof housing
    |Source------>PoE injector|======>[PoE Splitter------>Switch]======>|Destination|

----> is regular cat cable
    ===> is direct burial cat cable
    | | is the home/indoors
    [ ] is the outdoor housing

3. niko084 Win User
    can anyone reccomend some cat5 cabling or will any do ?

I wouldn't run cat6 personally its known to break quite easily, cat5e works great and isn't so easy to break.

As far as the cables go, it doesn't matter too much, cable is cable cat5 cat5e etc. are ratings of the cable, I personally buy a spool and make my own cables but when I buy cables pre-made I normally buy Belkin, I just like the ends and they are carried by my distributor.

niko084, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Question about Cat5E cable

can anyone reccomend some cat5 cabling or will any do ?

No

Cat5e or Cat6. NOT Cat 5.

lemonadesoda, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Question about Cat5E cable

1. Question about Cat5E cable - Similar Threads - Question Cat5E cable

2. Corsair 12VHPWR cable question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corsair 12VHPWR cable question: I planned to get a Corsair 12VHPWR cable rather than use the GPU vendor's 12VHPWR adapter due to messy cables. But then outside of the Steam Community, I was told that the cable is bad for the RTX 4080. Is that true? Cable in question source:...
  3. Where to post about an audio/audio cable question? Possibly here?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to post about an audio/audio cable question? Possibly here?: I have a receiver that has RCA type connectors for 5.1, is there a way to connect the three 3.5mm surround sound connections (side,read and C/Sub) from a soundcard to this setup? Example of receiver connections I have:https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.co...ctions-960.jpg...
  4. Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable?: Hi - I am trying to sort out my son's network cabling in a new extension to his property. He bought a 50mtr roll of Flat CAT7 cable which had what looked like gold-plated RJ45 connectors on each end. During the laying of the cable, from his router in another room, he cut them...
  5. A question about connecting a device using a USB cable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A question about connecting a device using a USB cable Windows 10: Hello, I use my android phone to provide a Internet connection for my Dell laptop using a USB cable. In the image below the MTP device is my cell phone. When I am ready to disconnect my phone, I right click on the image, and it gives me the options of removing the device, or...
  6. Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS?

Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS?: Hey all... I recently moved into a new place--a "Granny Flat" behind my landlord's residence. Internet service is included (huge benefit) but it's included via her modem/router's WiFi. The signal quality is alright--it's not great, it's not horrible--but in a nutshell, I had...
  7. Questions about tracking

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about tracking: I've started using the new Stable version of Edgeium so much that I'm thinking about switching over to it full-time. So that causes me to ask -- does MS track all the sites and URLs I use with it? IF so, is there any way to disable this? I can find lots of info about the MS...
  8. 4 USB devices, to 4-to-1 USB hub, to USB to CAT5 Adpt, to CAT5 to USB

4 USB devices, to 4-to-1 USB hub, to USB to CAT5 Adpt, to CAT5 to USB: Hello all. Sorry that this is some what more of a hardware question, but I have 4 USB devices in a utility room that have the ability to be tied into a PC to monitor their actives and logs, but as I don’t want to keep a dedicated PC in that room just for that I was looking...
  9. Monitor Cable Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Cable Question: I have a dell xps 15 9550 that i connect 2 monitors to. Both monitors are 1920x1200 resolution and 24'. I had to buy 2 cables... one is an hdmi to hdmi cable to connect to one of the monitors. The other cable i bought was a usb-c to displayport to the other monitor and it...
  10. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226