Windows 10: Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

Discus and support Question about Comodo Antivirus Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If after comodo antivirus and firewall updated, I scared it will ruin my genshin game preinstallation and updates as new genshin version zip files will... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EstherEmily, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

If after comodo antivirus and firewall updated, I scared it will ruin my genshin game preinstallation and updates as new genshin version zip files will come inside my genshin impact folder. I don't want it quarantine genshin new version zip files will come inside genshin impact folder. Can I disable comodo antivirus and firewall to preinstall on genshin launcher then enable back then after 2 or 3 days I disable them then I update genshin launcher then enable back?[Original Title: Antivirus Update]

:)

EstherEmily, Jun 25, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Question about Comodo Antivirus Update capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

Comodo Firewall+Antivirus

hey guys i was downloading commodo for a rig in the house and it looks like they changed their package!!!! Comodo firewall + antivirus has been merged and is now comodo internet security for free no trials!!! of course they offer a pro version for sale but the free one i just as good only obviously without the 24/7 tech support and remote login here is the link!!

Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year

if you just want the firewall it isnt aailable from comodo but you can still get it from file hippo here

Download Comodo Internet Security 12.2.2.8012 for Windows - Filehippo.com

just figured id let you guys know i feel comodo is incredably powerfull and secure even though the learning stage of the firewall can get tiresome but at any rate leave a thnx if yo feel it necissary

Solaris17, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

1. Question about Comodo Antivirus Update - Similar Threads - Question Comodo Antivirus

2. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  3. S mode question about antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S mode question about antivirus: If I switch out of S mode, will I need to get additional antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-question-about-antivirus/2f8caeb9-ff96-49ef-b2c6-e0ac1387fd4c
  4. Question about disabling updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about disabling updates?: So I disabled updates after hearing all issues with november updates, until the 16th of december. I'm currently on 1903 ? And no issue but hear 1909 is a mess should I enable after new update is out after 1909 submitted by /u/BownerPvP [link] [comments]...
  5. Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver: I was using IceDragon as an alternate browser for Firefox when, without my authorization, IceDragon updated itself and installed COMODO antivirus. As I am running Norton Security, I didn't want COMODO running, too. Trying to uninstall the program through the normal control...
  6. Question about update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about update: I am a non- insider and I installed .113 build from uupdump.. I checked for updates to get onto .116 build but I got KB4497936. Did anyone else get this update? Why didn't I get the .116 update? 132936
  7. Antivirus Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Question: Have windows 10 laptop. I know windows defender is preinstalled on it. I noticed it was basically microsoft essentials. I had avast and malwarebytes installed as well since i read these are recommended. Both are free version though. I read that however you are really suppose...
  8. A question about service updates

A question about service updates: Lately I have been getting pop ups outside of active hours that say something like updates are available do you wish to restart you computer? If I restart my computer and go to windows update it says kb4074588 available and awaiting restart (for example). My question is why...
  9. Question about updates

Question about updates: I installed Win 10 Home which is build 10240. After installing some updates, it's still showing v. 10240 while Microsoft has released build 10565. Do I have to do a re-install to get the latest fixes and features? 26756
  10. Question about Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Automatic Updates: I have a question about Windows 10 and Automatic upgrades, windows 10 is free for a year, I was reading an article that said you will have to upgrade your computer by 2016 if you want to keep windows up to date? I thought Windows 10, once installed and activated, was free...