Windows 10: Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I was having a few bugs after upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro so I decided to do a clean install from the USB drive. All went well and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro

Hi All,
    I was having a few bugs after upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro so I decided to do a clean install from the USB drive.
    All went well and all bugs I had seems fixed now. However I did notice when I opened the Control Panel there was a different option that I didn't see when I upgraded.
    It is in Control Panel> System & Security> called Backup & Restore (Windows 7)
    Why did this show up there when I have a registered version of Windows 8.1? I reserved from Windows 8.1.
    Is this showing up on all clean installs of Windows 10 Pro?

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Aug 2, 2015

2. Turn off auto-updates in Windows 10

I dont know about Win 10 Pro but in my Win 10 Home I stopped and disable "Windows Update" service in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Administrative Tools > Service

Andry Saher, Aug 2, 2015
  3. RonRydell Win User
    SERVICES FOR NFS

Based on your reply I believe you are referring to a game called Need for Speed. I am asking about the software package called
    Network File System which is a system that lets windows users access Unix servers to read and write data.

In control panel / programs and features / Turn Windows features on or off /

There is should be an option for Services for NFS and under it should be Administrative tools and Client for NFS.

I have been told that this feature is available in WIndows 10 Pro but I would like to verify that with someone who is actually running Win 10 Pro. My hunch is that it is not there and is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise.

If you are running Windows 10 Pro could you verify my question by going into the control panel and checking.

Thanks,

Ron

RonRydell, Aug 2, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Yes on both W10 pro and W10 on my two computers which were both updated from W8.1.

dencal, Aug 2, 2015
  5. LittleJay Win User
    I also have Backup & Restore (Windows 7) in the Control Panel, but haven't used it. Macrium Reflect is the imaging software I use.

LittleJay, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Scramjet Win User
    Thank you for the replies I am cool with that if others have it also.

Scramjet, Aug 2, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

From W7 upgrade here's the Control panel

Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

From a W8.1 upgrade here's the control panel

So it appears whatever system you upgraded from. Note the W8.1 upgrade never had a W7 system on it ever.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Elizabeth Win User

To clarify, the Control Panel entry is not used to restore your system to Windows 7/8/8.1, merely to restore any files you may have backed up using any of these operating systems. In order to restore your system back to the operating system you upgraded from (if in fact you did upgrade and not a clean install) use Settings as shown here.

Elizabeth, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Scramjet Win User
    I guess I totally forgot about what the control panel looked like in earlier versions of Windows. (a sign of age creeping up here *Smile ) Thanks for the replies.

Scramjet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Question Control Panel

2. What is the "Question" sound event in the Sound Control Panel in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "Question" sound event in the Sound Control Panel in Windows 10?: What is the "Question" sound event in the Sound Control Panel in Windows 10 for and when does it play? Here is a picture of the event:p.s. Ignore the name of the sound scheme CLOSER TO WINDOWS 7 M M, that does not matter....
  3. What is the "Question" sound event in the Sound Control Panel in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "Question" sound event in the Sound Control Panel in Windows 10?: What is the "Question" sound event in the Sound Control Panel in Windows 10 for and when does it play? Here is a picture of the event:p.s. Ignore the name of the sound scheme CLOSER TO WINDOWS 7 M M, that does not matter....
  4. Question about Windows 10 pro to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 10 pro to Windows 11.: When I upgrade or if I upgrade free will I be upgraded to Windows 11 pro? Or only home that's if not then I'm probably going to stick with 10 till support ends....
  5. Question about Windows 10 pro to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows 10 pro to Windows 11.: When I upgrade or if I upgrade free will I be upgraded to Windows 11 pro? Or only home that's if not then I'm probably going to stick with 10 till support ends....
  6. A question about controlling sizes of things...

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about controlling sizes of things...: Greetings! Recently for some unknown reason, everything changed size as far as icons, text and app sizes. The overall text in my Mozilla Thunderbird app got smaller. Everything in Photoshop changed. Where I had dark themes changed back to light themes but most of all the...
  7. Questions about Windows 10 Pro activation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about Windows 10 Pro activation.: Hello, community! Maybe my question will sound dumb to you but I am getting confused. So, little backstory, recently I bought CD-key for Windows 10 Professional from third party seller. Everything went fine I entered the key and it shows that Windows had been activated...
  8. Complaint about the Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complaint about the Control Panel in Windows 10: I know your adding all the control panel features to Settings but why are you changing the control panel itself? I really liked the old control panel in Windows 7...
  9. Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.: Is there anyway to check the battery level? I didn't see anything in the game bar. This would be a really convenient feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/question-about-the-xb1-controller-and-windows-10/f739f6d0-51ff-47cb-9824-62ce72afb803
  10. Windows 10 control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 control panel: On windows 10 how do you locate the control panel? I am having a problem finding it. 28789