Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I was having a few bugs after upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro so I decided to do a clean install from the USB drive. All went well and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Hi All,
    I was having a few bugs after upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro so I decided to do a clean install from the USB drive.
    All went well and all bugs I had seems fixed now. However I did notice when I opened the Control Panel there was a different option that I didn't see when I upgraded.
    It is in Control Panel> System & Security> called Backup & Restore (Windows 7)
    Why did this show up there when I have a registered version of Windows 8.1? I reserved from Windows 8.1.
    Is this showing up on all clean installs of Windows 10 Pro?

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Andry Saher Win User

Turn off auto-updates in Windows 10

I dont know about Win 10 Pro but in my Win 10 Home I stopped and disable "Windows Update" service in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Administrative Tools > Service

Andry Saher, Aug 2, 2015
  3. RonRydell Win User
    SERVICES FOR NFS

Based on your reply I believe you are referring to a game called Need for Speed. I am asking about the software package called
    Network File System which is a system that lets windows users access Unix servers to read and write data.

In control panel / programs and features / Turn Windows features on or off /

There is should be an option for Services for NFS and under it should be Administrative tools and Client for NFS.

I have been told that this feature is available in WIndows 10 Pro but I would like to verify that with someone who is actually running Win 10 Pro. My hunch is that it is not there and is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise.

If you are running Windows 10 Pro could you verify my question by going into the control panel and checking.

Thanks,

Ron

RonRydell, Aug 2, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Yes on both W10 pro and W10 on my two computers which were both updated from W8.1.

dencal, Aug 2, 2015
  5. LittleJay Win User
    I also have Backup & Restore (Windows 7) in the Control Panel, but haven't used it. Macrium Reflect is the imaging software I use.

LittleJay, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Scramjet Win User
    Thank you for the replies I am cool with that if others have it also.

Scramjet, Aug 2, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

From W7 upgrade here's the Control panel

Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

From a W8.1 upgrade here's the control panel

So it appears whatever system you upgraded from. Note the W8.1 upgrade never had a W7 system on it ever.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Elizabeth Win User

To clarify, the Control Panel entry is not used to restore your system to Windows 7/8/8.1, merely to restore any files you may have backed up using any of these operating systems. In order to restore your system back to the operating system you upgraded from (if in fact you did upgrade and not a clean install) use Settings as shown here.

Elizabeth, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Scramjet Win User
    I guess I totally forgot about what the control panel looked like in earlier versions of Windows. (a sign of age creeping up here *Smile ) Thanks for the replies.

Scramjet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about Control Panel Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Question Control Panel

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  4. Xbox one elite controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one elite controller: I updated the firmware on my Xbox one elite and xbox one controller. I have a wireless xbox adapter for windows. After updating each controller they no longer work with wireless. I tried updating the adapter and it is up to date?...
  5. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  6. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  7. Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color: I have tried the control panel > devices & printers > preferences route When I get to preferences, there is no color weather black & white, greyscale (monochrome) or color anywhere to be found!!! I ran a print test on the printer itself and it is working fine color and all....
  8. Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows: I run a windows 10 and a windows 7 computer and when I downloaded the programs for ROBLOX and clicked the shortcuts, it said "The item 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' that is this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." and the...
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail: It all seemed to work for a while, in fact I have been using Teams since it first launched and never seen issues with notifications (if you set them the way you want), if a chat came in, it would always show up and then if you missed it the Teams icon would be highlighted to...
  10. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...