Windows 10: Question about custom resolution

Discus and support Question about custom resolution in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop with native resolution at 1366x768 native. I set two custom resolutions on Nvidia panel, they are 1600x900 and 1920x1080 to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/demigu, Aug 10, 2020.

1. /u/demigu Win User

Question about custom resolution

I have a laptop with native resolution at 1366x768 native. I set two custom resolutions on Nvidia panel, they are 1600x900 and 1920x1080 to have a better use of the screen space. It works good but the letters get weird/blurry. I understand that it is related with pixel rendering/recalculation etc, but i remember few days ago trying to install Pop OS (linux) in VirtualBox and i was able to change the resolution of the screen for higher sizes than allowed on my screen and it worked fine. Don't tried to install Windows into VirtualBox but i suppose it would works good. My question is: is there any way to set a higher resolution on my native Windows OS and run through the system limitation of rendering to make it works good like in a virtual enviroment?

submitted by /u/demigu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/demigu, Aug 10, 2020

2. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Question about custom resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Question about custom resolution

1. Question about custom resolution - Similar Threads - Question custom resolution

2. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  3. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  4. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Windows Custom Themes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Custom Themes: I have a question about custom windows 10 themes using UxThemePatcher. So I want a flat dark theme and downloaded a few I really like. Everything is perfect BUT every theme deactivate the tabs in windows explorer. The tabs on top where you can quickly change the view and...
  6. Customize Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Resolution: How do I customize my screen resolution - beyond the recommended showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-resolution/3afa1e35-6695-48e0-8fac-78659cae5dba
  7. Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer: Hi all, I've installed UltraUXThemePatcher and the custom theme DarkTen, as there are some programs like qBittorrent with no built in dark mode and they burn my eyes. My understanding (based on guides like this one) is that you also need to install OldNewExplorer. However,...
  8. Question about my display resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about my display resolution: The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my only choice other than 100% was 125% and that made the icons to big. Is there a way to scale between 100% and 125%? I didn't...
  9. Question about my display resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about my display resolution: The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my only choice other than 100% was 125% and that made the icons to big. Is there a way to scale between 100% and 125%? I didn't...
  10. Custom resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom resolution: I just upgraded to Win10 and the resolution does not fit. I have a 1440x900 monitor and none of the resolution options fit. None of them say recommended or anything. Is there a way to set a custom resolution? 46087