Windows 10: Question about deleting a partition.

Discus and support Question about deleting a partition. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JerinIsac, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Question about deleting a partition.

Question about deleting a partition. DnJ5tcEEU3uKbPBTFBzCGvBOKcUsxefcD7BUloUYptM.jpg

For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to the laptop and was wondering if it was ok for me to delete Drive D so that there are only 2 partitions on my laptop. I'm not all that well versed in this stuff so I wanted to make sure it was ok. D drive doesn't have anything in it from the looks of it, except for a Games folder and a .ini file called desktop.

Thanks in advance!

https://preview.redd.it/mblg9j3ycjs...bp&s=648ae1a85e326e48ce2dc7c9913cba55443676ee

submitted by /u/JerinIsac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JerinIsac, Oct 11, 2020
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 11, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Question about deleting a partition.

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Question about deleting a partition.

1. Question about deleting a partition. - Similar Threads - Question deleting partition

2. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  3. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  4. Question about windows recovery partition size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about windows recovery partition size: I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal? submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl7c0v/question_about_windows_recovery_partition_size/
  5. Question about EFI partition.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about EFI partition.: I converted my boot drive to GPT a couple of days ago. Took a bit of effort because I used minitools instead of reimaging. I had to re-register a couple of pieces of software but other than all my software and hardware are functioning correctly. This is a snapshot of the MS...
  6. Question about recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about recovery partition: OneKey Recovery no longer works on my laptop, presumably because of a clean install, so I'm planning to start using Macrium Reflect. There's a hidden partition called "PRB_DRV". How can I tell whether it's safe to delete this partition? 131144
  7. Question about drive partition ~ see image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about drive partition ~ see image: Can someone please look at the below hard drive partitions and tell me what the 12.6 GB partition 5 is and if its needed? Can I combine it with partition 3? Thanks for your help [img] 107112
  8. Question about partition on my main drive

Question about partition on my main drive: I got this drive image from my Macrium Reflect Home edition and don't understand the last partition? is there something wrong here? Thanks! *Smile 56307
  9. A Couple Questions About Partitions

A Couple Questions About Partitions: Hello forum, I'm a bit of a newbie as far as computers go. I've had this rig currently for about a year and am always messing with it to learn more about computers as I consider it a hobby and learning experience. Today I decided to take a look at the current disk situation...
  10. a question about partitions

a question about partitions: [img] I would like 2 know if its possible to some how reclaim the unallocated space and merge it back with C: windows drive... I know disk management wont allow it because the unallocated space isn't adjacent to the main partition... the 2 smaller recovery partitions...