Windows 10: Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from...

Discus and support Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First of all, I'm not sure what this time should be called (like bios time in task manager but not for startup), so if anyone knows that would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Agitated-Big7618, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from...

First of all, I'm not sure what this time should be called (like bios time in task manager but not for startup), so if anyone knows that would be great.

Basically, my PC used to only take a couple seconds to go from putting in the password to a usable desktop. Recently, although I don't think there was any associated update/new download, it has started to take much longer. On average it takes 20-25 seconds after I put in my password. During that time the loading dots spin and it just says "Welcome".

What is Windows even doing after I put in my password? How can I get back my old login time?

Any help much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Agitated-Big7618
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Agitated-Big7618, Oct 13, 2020

2. query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 13, 2020
  3. alexp999 Win User
    Boot Time

Okay on the system in my specs (with addition of a q6600 @ 3.2 instead of the e6600)
    Boot times are as follows:

Power on to:
    -Windows start loading (i.e all the bios stuff) = 14.9 sec
    -Windows logo before welcome screen = 36.5 sec
    -First view of desktop = 38.7 sec
    -All apps startup items loaded = 45 sec

So the actual windows loading time to desktop is 23.8 secs. Where you getting 6 secs from. Even my "5 sec express gate ssd" can only just manage 6 secs.

Will give that a go now. *Wink Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from... ;)

alexp999, Oct 13, 2020
  4. hedz Win User

Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from...

ATItool startup timings

ATItool won't load my memory timings for the profile "oc" at startup, only manualy.
    Is there to load mem timings at startup?
    In the propreties from the oc profile I have all options selected.
    I have an X800XL from gecube
    please help
    thank you

Thema:

Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from...

1. Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from... - Similar Threads - Question desktop load

2. Account.microsoft.com taking time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account.microsoft.com taking time to load: for some reason the website account.microsoft.com has been taking time to load and i am not able to access that website even though my Wi-fi is working fine . any solutions?...
  3. Account.microsoft.com taking time to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account.microsoft.com taking time to load: for some reason the website account.microsoft.com has been taking time to load and i am not able to access that website even though my Wi-fi is working fine . any solutions?...
  4. TASKBAR Taking Time To Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR Taking Time To Load: Windows 11:When I switch on my computer, I see my wallpaper and app icons, however I don't see anything on the taskbar until 25-30 seconds later. How do I fix this? I've done all from my side, like start-up apps....
  5. TASKBAR Taking Time To Load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR Taking Time To Load: Windows 11:When I switch on my computer, I see my wallpaper and app icons, however I don't see anything on the taskbar until 25-30 seconds later. How do I fix this? I've done all from my side, like start-up apps....
  6. Desktop takes a long time 10+ mins to load following boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop takes a long time 10+ mins to load following boot: Hi, I recently updated Windows 10, 13.05.21, and following this update the laptop now does the following:After booting and logging into my account I am presented with a black screen, the mouse is usable as is Task Manager and manually running .exe programs.After about 10...
  7. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  8. Desktop takes an uncomfortable amount of time to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop takes an uncomfortable amount of time to load.: I am having an issue after updating to 2004. My computer boots up just fine and will let me log in. After that it goes to black screen and it takes something in the ballpark of 2-3 minutes to actually get to the desktop. RTX Voice starts up just fine, I can use...
  9. Applications taking time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications taking time to load: I just restored my $3k Dell AIO and it still doesn’t work right. Chrome takes forever to launch but not Edge. Went through all troubleshooting tips. Installed MineCraft and same thing, does nothing for a couple minutes before launching. As I said I’ve just restored Windows....
  10. Dual boot startup takes long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual boot startup takes long time: Started with a dual boot Windows 7 pro / XP HP Elite 8300. Upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and now it seems to take forever for the boot menu to show up. I can hit restart, it shuts down then just sits there doing nothing for several minutes. No hard drive activity, no video just...