Windows 10: Question about drive setup in Bios

Discus and support Question about drive setup in Bios in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scramjet, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Scramjet Win User

Question about drive setup in Bios

Hi All,
    Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4.
    I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these new components last year and Installed Win 10 fresh and then added the extra drives. I just assumed the M.2 drive would be Disk 0 or Disk 1 and each of the other Sata drives I installed after would go to 2, 3, etc.
    Is this normal for Windows 10 to randomly assign the Disks or did I do something wrong when plugging each Sata drive into the MB?
    I think I read something a while back the M.2 drive was linked to one of the Sata connections, but can't find where I read that. And it may not have anything to do with it lol. I may have it twisted around a bit trying to figure why it is displayed like that.
    Google is confusing me this morning. maybe I got up on wrong side of the bed hehehe.
    Anybody able to clear up the fog in my head this morning?

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Sep 25, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Question about drive setup in Bios

BIOS screen stuck (Aptio Setup Utility

Hi Caleb,

To help you with your concern regarding the
    Aptio Setup Utility or the Bios
    Menu version 203, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your computer and update the BIOS.

Please go to Bing.com and search the following combination of words:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Question about drive setup in Bios

1. Question about drive setup in Bios - Similar Threads - Question drive setup

2. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  3. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  4. question about windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about windows 11 setup: i tried to update my windows 10 device several times and i get same massage from windows 11 setup as "We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing windows 11. try restarting setup." is there any way to fix this thing....
  5. question about windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about windows 11 setup: i tried to update my windows 10 device several times and i get same massage from windows 11 setup as "We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing windows 11. try restarting setup." is there any way to fix this thing....
  6. question about windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Questions about dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about dual monitor setup: hello, I'm new to windows and I just have a couple of questions. currently, I have my laptop and a monitor set up side by side with my laptop kinda being used as a second monitor and it seems to be working but there's just some stuff I'm unsure about 1 when I hide my...
  8. Question about drive setup in Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about drive setup in Bios: Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4. I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these...
  9. Noob Question About Mic Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noob Question About Mic Setup: My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default - i have tried using it on another windows 10 laptop and it instantly works -I have updated all drivers through MSI - I have uninstalled sound...
  10. Questions about bios updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about bios updating: Can anyone show me a detailed way to update my bios? [img] 59784