Windows 10: question about Edge browser version

Discus and support question about Edge browser version in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lasarthe, Mar 10, 2016.

1. lasarthe Win User

question about Edge browser version

Hi *Smile

I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version
    of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0
    and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro
    and both were upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro.

I double checked that there are no pending updates on my laptop. Then why the version
    of my Edges is way older than my friend's? I'm not sure if it's because of the version but my
    Edge messed up with favorite order after importing it from Chrome while my friend's is
    just fine; exactly the same order with Chrome. *Confused

Any suggestion please?

:)

lasarthe, Mar 10, 2016
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Microsoft edge loading problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the Edge browser issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version and OS build is currently running on your phone?

To check it, go to Settings> About> More information.

• Have you tried to clear the browsing history of the Edge browser?

To clear, just go to Edge browser > tap the menu at the lower right corner
      > History> Clear all history.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 10, 2016
  3. mc510 Win User
    Is Miracast required to Cast from within Edge Browser?

There's no definitive information about what hardware/protocols are required in order to use the Cast feature from within the Edge Browser. Is Miracast absolutely required? Is DLNA alone sufficient? Something else? (Please note, I am NOT asking about
    screen mirroring; this question is about the casting feature within the Edge Browser.)

mc510, Mar 10, 2016
  4. question about Edge browser version

Hi it would seem you do not have the latest upgrade
    10586 is the last upgrade which came out in November or their about
    That is the most reason your friends Edge Browser is 25.10586.0.0
    EdgeHTML 13.10586

If you look at my profile or system specs you will see the build no as well
    If you need any more info please get back to us

hTconeM9user, Mar 10, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello lasarthe *Smile

Can you confirm that your Windows 10 version is 1511? Use Winver in a command prompt and report back.

Thanks.

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  6. Thank you for helping I missed that bit out
    That is why I put look at my profile or system specs

7. lasarthe Win User
    Thanks for the info!

It seems that something's wrong with my Windows. I checked the build number using winver and it says
    "version 10.0 (build 10240)". The weird thing is that the Windows update screen indicates it's up to date. I checked
    the update history and it actually has been updated, from Dec. 9th 2015 through today.

lasarthe, Mar 10, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

That does explain it. You are still on the older version and so Edge will not be updated. Normally you update to the 1511 version after a period of 30days on the previous version. You are well past that so I would suggest you try to force the upgrade by doing it manually.

You can do this via the Media Creation Tool. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  9. lasarthe Win User
    Thank you hTconeM9user and philc43! I'll try and report back.

lasarthe, Mar 10, 2016
  10. lasarthe Win User
    It worked! Now I have version 1511 and updated Edge (with correct favorites order!)
    Thanks for your help. *Thumbs

lasarthe, Mar 10, 2016
  11. philc43 Win User
    You're welcome. Happy browsing!!

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  12. Glad you got it sorted and we were able to help
    As Philc43 said Happy Browsing

13. davidhk Win User

Logical and methodical line of thinking.
    Admirable.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. question about Edge browser version - Similar Threads - question Edge browser

2. A couple of questions about Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple of questions about Edge Chromium: Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a site muted after the browser gets restarted? When I use Win+Tab I can see pages I've had open/history in Edge on my iPhone, but I don't see any pages I've had open on my actual computer. Does anyone know how to get them to show?...
  3. Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium: I'm running Windows 10_19041_331_pro_en_us_x64 with the latest edge chromium. I noticed that I can't run netflix through my browser at 1080p if Windows Firewall is disabled(I use my own firewall). Does anyone know if there is a workaround for that problem other than turning...
  4. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  5. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  6. Two questions regarding the new Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Two questions regarding the new Edge browser: Windows 1909 Will the new Chromium Edge browser due to be deployed on the 15th January automatically uninstall Edge HTML? Also, does anyone know if the IE mode in the new Edge version is more secure than using normal IE? Thanks. 148227
  7. Question about onedrive versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about onedrive versions: I recently reinstalled windows and I was having a issue with onedrivesetup being stuck in my startup list so I reinstalled it from that exe already on the pc and the onedrive logo changed into a multicolored blue cloud from solid blue logo. The store says however I don't...
  8. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  9. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  10. question about Epic privacy browser

in Browsers and Email
    question about Epic privacy browser: HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar...