Windows 10: Question about EFI partition.

Discus and support Question about EFI partition. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I converted my boot drive to GPT a couple of days ago. Took a bit of effort because I used minitools instead of reimaging. I had to re-register a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MachineLanguage, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Question about EFI partition.

I converted my boot drive to GPT a couple of days ago. Took a bit of effort because I used minitools instead of reimaging. I had to re-register a couple of pieces of software but other than all my software and hardware are functioning correctly.
    This is a snapshot of the MS disk management of my Windows partition.
    Question about EFI partition. [​IMG]
    What I do not understand is why it shows it as "Boot". Sysinfo definitely shows it is booting as UEFI.
    Anyway here is a screenshot of minitool and the full disk management view.
    All thoughts will be appreciated. James.

:)

MachineLanguage, Oct 6, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Question about EFI partition. :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Oct 6, 2020
  4. dictum Win User

Question about EFI partition.

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Question about EFI partition.

1. Question about EFI partition. - Similar Threads - Question EFI partition

2. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  3. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  4. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  6. About Healthy EFI partition system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Healthy EFI partition system: Hello I want know about healthy EFI partition system its important or not for windows 10, what is uses ?because i want remove this partition.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-healthy-efi-partition-system/241774e2-2b0a-4fe7-b8f9-5b0fa8991b69
  7. Question about deleting a partition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about deleting a partition.: [ATTACH] For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to the laptop and was wondering if it was ok for me to delete Drive D so that there are only 2 partitions on my laptop. I'm not...
  8. Question about recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about recovery partition: OneKey Recovery no longer works on my laptop, presumably because of a clean install, so I'm planning to start using Macrium Reflect. There's a hidden partition called "PRB_DRV". How can I tell whether it's safe to delete this partition? 131144
  9. A Couple Questions About Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A Couple Questions About Partitions: Hello forum, I'm a bit of a newbie as far as computers go. I've had this rig currently for about a year and am always messing with it to learn more about computers as I consider it a hobby and learning experience. Today I decided to take a look at the current disk situation...
  10. a question about partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a question about partitions: [img] I would like 2 know if its possible to some how reclaim the unallocated space and merge it back with C: windows drive... I know disk management wont allow it because the unallocated space isn't adjacent to the main partition... the 2 smaller recovery partitions...