Windows 10: Question about Explorer

Discus and support Question about Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer, the navigation pane shows these folders: [img] When I right click a file or folder and copy or move to folder, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Jul 17, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

Question about Explorer

When I open File Explorer, the navigation pane shows these folders:

Question about Explorer [​IMG]

When I right click a file or folder and copy or move to folder, I get this:

Question about Explorer [​IMG]

My problem is Google Drive is not included in the right click option, any way to get that?

1903 *.959

:)

rboppy, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

3 questions for Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the issue you are facing with the desktop.

As you have multiple issues with the desktop, let me assist you with the issues one by one.

Question 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the Desktop, right-click on an empty space.

• In the drop down options, select
      View.

• Uncheck the option: Auto arrange icons.
    Question 2:

The information provided in question 2 is not clear, so kindly answer the below question;

• About which “favorites” you are talking about
      (EDGE or WINDOWS EXPLORER or INTERNET EXPLORER)?
    Question 3:

I suggest you to refer the below link to change Adobe to open PDF files instead of Edge and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-default-programs-in-windows-10

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 17, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Question about Explorer [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. Nick Dich Win User

Question about Explorer

About Game Explorer

Hi,

There is a way on how you can get the Game Explorer folder back on your Windows 10 if it is not available. To help you with this, kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + R keys simultaneously.
    • On the Run box, kindly type shell:games and press
      Enter.
    • The Games folder should be up on your screen after step 2.
    • On the taskbar, right-click the games folder and click
      Pin this program to taskbar

Following these steps should completely bring back the Game Explorer folder back on your list, just like what you have had on your Windows 7 before.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Question about Explorer

1. Question about Explorer - Similar Threads - Question Explorer

2. Sceeensaver Question. I want to copy Folders from Screensaver back to File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sceeensaver Question. I want to copy Folders from Screensaver back to File Explorer.: My Laptop crashed and a new version of Windows 10 had to be installed. My local computer expert saved a lot, but not the Internet Explorer Folders. Screensaver Folders/Albums were untouched and survived. IE s empty ! Can I copy these photo albums/folders back to...
  3. Drive D appears with question mark in explorer and is not accessible even after updating...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D appears with question mark in explorer and is not accessible even after updating...: 1., Since long, It began to take longer duration in starting up though There is 30% empty storage in drive C. 2., Now since last 6 months, Many times, Drive D will appear with a question mark in explorer and would not allow to access any doc there. 3., Now since 3 months,...
  4. File Explorer / Taskbar question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer / Taskbar question: [IMG] On my Windows 10 desktop machine, when I click the pinned File Explorer icon on the taskbar, it opens a new instance of itself represented by a second taskbar icon on the far right as per the image....
  5. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer: When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search. ext:.mp4 OR .mov, modified:2/1/2015 .. 2/28/2015 Now when I double click on the saved search, it finds the same files, but there is no "Search...
  6. Windows Explorer/Photos program question

Windows Explorer/Photos program question: I have the photos on my laptop sorted into various file folders based on content. I have noticed that if I copy files into a New Folder I can open a photo in the Photos program and the I can use the arrow to advance to the next picture in the folder. However, if I rename that...
  7. File Explorer View Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer View Questions: When looking at a drive or folder, a grotty great apparently unremovable & unresizable panel appears on the right. It contains no information I need, takes up way too much screen space, and makes it all but impossible to look at two folders, drives, etc. at once to evaluate...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Appearance Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer Appearance Question: Hello, I have the newbiest question. I could not find a specific solution with internet searches. My question is, when I activated Windows Dark Mode, everything changed except the bottom border of File Explorer. Is there a way to make File Explorer totally dark? (See arrow...
  9. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  10. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...: So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed? I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file...