Windows 10: Question about faulty ram

Discus and support Question about faulty ram in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has been freezing randomly lately and I've been trying to find the cause of the freezes. I've ran HP diagnostics a few times and one test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephCook, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Question about faulty ram

My laptop has been freezing randomly lately and I've been trying to find the cause of the freezes. I've ran HP diagnostics a few times and one test came back as:
    Question about faulty ram [​IMG]

But the all the other times It passed and I also ran memtest last night which showed 0 errors? Can a RAM stick/slot be faulty but still pass the tests?

:)

JosephCook, Nov 28, 2016

2. Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Thanks for the update.

It is worth remembering that the Windows 7 Memory Diagnostic Tool can determine that RAM is faulty but testing does not prove that RAM is not faulty. Another method of checking for faulty RAM is to swap individual sticks of RAM in and out to determine
    whether one stick is faulty.

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 28, 2016
  3. RAM

Guys,

I have HP 7900 machine and i had 4gb RAM (1×1×1×1) now my 1 ram is faulty so i replace faulty RAM with 2gb ... is 2gb RAM will match with 1gb RAM (1×1×1) ?

S.A.Siddiqui, Nov 28, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Question about faulty ram

If you have more then one RAM Stick, remove all but one and run the Extensive test again on each RAM stick separately. Also with Memtest for at least 7 passes each for each stick.

spunk, Nov 29, 2016
  5. Ok I'll do that at some point today, I ran mem again last night because I will realised I only let it run for 4 passes the first time and this time I got an error

JosephCook, Nov 29, 2016
  6. JosephCook, Nov 29, 2016
  7. kipper Win User
    Are you comfortable opening up the laptop........if so you might want to re-seat the RAM and run the test again......

kipper, Nov 29, 2016
  8. Question about faulty ram

Yes I opened it up earlier but stopped half way through because I needed to use it, I'll re-seat the RAM and run the test tonight

JosephCook, Nov 29, 2016
  9. Re-seated the RAM and ran memtest again, still got an error

JosephCook, Nov 30, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
  11. JosephCook, Nov 30, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    SoftWare.

CountMike, Nov 30, 2016
  13. Question about faulty ram

Ok thank you, the link you posted is the software I've been using.

JosephCook, Nov 30, 2016
  14. Just got a blue screen after a crash

This is the first time I've had a blue screen after a crash normally I would have to do a hard reset, could this have something to do with me re-seating the RAM?

JosephCook, Nov 30, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    That BSOD shows something is wrong with Video memory. If there's no dedicated Video card than it's using system memory.

CountMike, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

Question about faulty ram

1. Question about faulty ram - Similar Threads - Question faulty ram

2. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  3. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  4. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing Faulty Ram: My 4gb ddr3 ram just failed i checked it with memtest and memory diagnostics nd had to replace it with new ddr3 ram. I replaced my old ram with new one and now my pc works perfectly fine. my question is that is there a way to reset or fix my fault ram so that i can connect it...
  6. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing Faulty Ram: My 4gb ddr3 ram just failed i checked it with memtest and memory diagnostics nd had to replace it with new ddr3 ram. I replaced my old ram with new one and now my pc works perfectly fine. my question is that is there a way to reset or fix my fault ram so that i can connect it...
  7. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Question about RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about RAM.: Hello. Well I am currently using G-skillz 16GSXFB RAM 2 sticks 8g each. I wanted to add 2 more RAM sticks but I am unable to find th F series anyware. Currently I am finding the K series 16GSXKB. Which I think is there newest. But according to the stats they K and F...
  9. Question about VM performance and RAM configuration.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Question about VM performance and RAM configuration.: My laptop has a 4GB RAM module and a 2GB module, so only 4GB can work in dual channel mode. The system usually uses about 3GB, but when I'm running a VM, it uses around 5GB. Is it likely that this is why my VM is so sluggish? (I'm not sure whether this is a RAM question or a...
  10. Is my RAM incompatible or faulty?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my RAM incompatible or faulty?: Never mind, I'm being dumb. 148969