Windows 10: Question about few windows 10 services.

Discus and support Question about few windows 10 services. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. Which service or process in windows 10 is stubbornly re-enabling the following services that I permanently disabled : -WaaSMedicSvc, -UsoSvc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RaptorHavx, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Question about few windows 10 services.

Hi. Which service or process in windows 10 is stubbornly re-enabling the following services that I permanently disabled : -WaaSMedicSvc, -UsoSvc, -wuauserv ?

I am well aware that upon normal circumstances these services should be running, however my PC is a "special case" and I have a good reason to have them disabled. Please understand, and try to help me achieve that. Thanks.

submitted by /u/RaptorHavx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RaptorHavx, Jul 4, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Question about few windows 10 services.

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Question about few windows 10 services. :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Question about few windows 10 services.

1. Question about few windows 10 services. - Similar Threads - Question few services

2. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  3. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  4. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10: Ahoy Windows 10 folks! So as the title says, I'm going to be reinstalling Windows 10 completely (planning to do so tomorrow). What I bought (about 1 year ago, when I built this PC) is a full "Retail" version of Windows 10 Home, which came in the form of the little white box...
  6. A few questions about shipping a broken product

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A few questions about shipping a broken product: I recently had to order a new surface luckily i was under a 1 year warranty. It says that the order was placed for a in warranty exchange but they never gave me direcrions on who to ship it too. I need help on what to do...
  7. Question about Superfetch Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Superfetch Service: Hi. My Desktop is an HP Windows 10 Home with Intel i5 7th gen processor and 12GB Ram. A while back I found that Superfetch caused 100% Disk usage which slowed down the computer to a crawl. After doing some research on this issue I decided to Disable the service. Today I did...
  8. A question about service updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A question about service updates: Lately I have been getting pop ups outside of active hours that say something like updates are available do you wish to restart you computer? If I restart my computer and go to windows update it says kb4074588 available and awaiting restart (for example). My question is why...
  9. A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.: Hey, What is the proper way to short the CMOS jumper on a laptop motherboard if I don't have that thing that goes on it? Also, when doing a BIOS recovery (this laptop's keyboard is broken and I can't use the Fn key) can I use an external normal-sized mechanical keyboard...
  10. A few Brief Questions about W10

in Windows 10 Support
    A few Brief Questions about W10: 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ? I unpinned the games, groove music, sports,...