Windows 10: Question about Flash drive and storage utilities

Discus and support Question about Flash drive and storage utilities in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know of any application that is GUI based that can feature all "Diskpart's" functions (especially the "clean" command)? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jesseinsf, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Question about Flash drive and storage utilities

Does anyone know of any application that is GUI based that can feature all "Diskpart's" functions (especially the "clean" command)?

submitted by /u/jesseinsf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jesseinsf, Sep 29, 2020

2. How to Restore Storage Capacity to a Flash Drive that has been used as media

CAUTION: This document assumes the drive was formatted to a smaller disk size for a specific purpose, like to create OS media. If it is being used to store data for ANY reason, BACK UP YOUR DATA before attempting any of these steps. Any
    data that is not backed up will be lost upon completion.

Although it might look like a flash drive used as media has lost storage, it has actually been partitioned using Disk Management. To reformat the flash drive to its original capacity, take the following steps on your Windows 10 computer:

1. Load Windows to the desktop as normal.
    2. Insert your affected flash drive into a USB port on the computer.
    3. Search Control on the Start menu and run the Control Panel.
    4. Set the Control Panel to Large Icon view.
    5. Open Administrative Tools.
    6. Select Disk Management.
    7. Select your flash drive and delete its existing partition.
    8. Format and reset your flash drive to its full capacity with Disk Management.

The process takes time for the drive to reset, but afterwards it should work normally again.

AlexanderMacNeil, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Question about Flash drive and storage utilities

EXTERNAL AND FLASH DRIVE WONT SHOW DRIVE NAMES ON WINDOWS 10

Hi,

By default, Windows will recognize an external hard drive or a flash drive as “Local Disk” if the storage device was not configured and has no label on it. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you may put a label on your storage devices using
    the Disk Management Tool in Computer Management. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button and select Computer
      Management.
    • Under Storage, select Disk Management.
    • Physical drive letters are shown including the partition, right-click on each drive and select
      Properties.
    • Name your storage device or put a label on it.
    • Click Apply.
    • Use File Explorer to view your external devices or flash drive with a label on it.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Question about Flash drive and storage utilities

1. Question about Flash drive and storage utilities - Similar Threads - Question Flash drive

2. Question about flash drive speed degradation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about flash drive speed degradation.: On my system, flash drives slow down with age. The worst example is a two or three month old 3.0 drive, which I've been using for the virtual drives of VMs, sometimes writes at less than 1MB/s. Is this kind of thing normal, and would switching to an SSD solve it? 172499
  3. Questions about Windows Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about Windows Storage Spaces: I am planning on putting together a home built file server/NAS/Plex server system for personal use, and I am interested in using the RAID-esque qualities of Windows Storage Spaces. From what I've gather from watching YouTube videos, I gather there are three things that make...
  4. Question about Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Storage Spaces: Hello. I currently use a Storage Space configuration in which I've combined 2 1TB drives into 1 storage pool with simple/no resiliency (essentially RAID 0). I'm now running out of space in this pool and was wondering if I can add a single 2 Tb drive (of another brand than...
  5. A question about USB drives

A question about USB drives: Hey, Don't know if this a dumb question or not but I'm asking just because I'm curious. Deleted data still stays on a drive, right? At least until it's overwritten by another thing? When I plug a flash drive or even a phone via USB in a PC and delete a file from there, is...
  6. Storage Drive Question

Storage Drive Question: Hi All Thinking of upgrading the storage drive in my main PC probably either at Christmas or Birthday in February, Might invest in a higher quality power supply first, then upgraded storage drive, and then think all set Might Choose at the moment a Seagate 2tb drive, I...
  7. Questions about "Storage Spaces"

Questions about "Storage Spaces": Hi everyone, I'm using Win 7 and use Disk manager to span my 5 HDD's together into one drive. Been doing this for years. I am interested in using Storage Spaces (SS) to gain the benefit of parity. I just can't find the answers to these questions. Thank for helping. 1. Are...
  8. Question about Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Recovery Drive: I have a primary drive which is 500 GB - I would like to split it so that I can use half for OS and half for data. I made a recovery USB (before I split the drive) and I would like to know that if I restore whether the disk partition will go back to how it was when the...
  9. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...
  10. Question About W10 Flash Drive

Question About W10 Flash Drive: I am dual booting W10 and Ubuntu 14.04 on one computer and W7 and Ubuntu 14.04 on a Desktop. I have W10 on a Flash Drive that I made when I updated this Dell 960 small form 64 bit computer from W7 Home to W10 as a test about 8 months ago. I am ready to update my Dell 960...