Windows 10: Question about formatting Hard Disk

Discus and support Question about formatting Hard Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. I am installing Windows 10 in my laptop. I choose the option to "Keep nothing" in my disk to have a brand new clean installation. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UlisesVictoria, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Question about formatting Hard Disk

Hello all.

I am installing Windows 10 in my laptop. I choose the option to "Keep nothing" in my disk to have a brand new clean installation. After installation (twice) all my files are still in my C: drive. I would like to FORMAT that drive in order to have a nice fresh clean install, but can't.

Any ideas or procedures to achieve this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Ulises

:)

UlisesVictoria, Jan 10, 2019

2. Formatting Hard Disks

We advise posting your query on a Linux support forum to receive proper instructions on how to format your spare hard disk. The support agents of the Linux support page should be able to provide you with the detailed steps on how to format a Linux hard disk.

If you have other questions or concerns in the future, we're just a click away.

Devlin Sco, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Question about formatting Hard Disk

Format Hard disk

I have an external hard drive . When i plug it into pc pc becomes slow , so I want to format it , but it is not possible in GUI mode .

Can I format it while booting??

Pls provide process steps too???

[Original Title: external Hard disk]

Hritik Kandari, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Question about formatting Hard Disk

1. Question about formatting Hard Disk - Similar Threads - Question formatting Hard

2. Hard disk somehow formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk somehow formatted: Hello all, I have a WD My Passport 2TB HDD. One day, when I turned on my PC, the hard disk was not to be found. Checking Disk Management tells that there are various no-name drives. No data is there. Tried using Testdisk Data Recovery utility no data found in the normal...
  3. Questions about formatting Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about formatting Windows: Hey guys, I have a few questions and Google gives me different answers. I am trying to factory reset my PC because I gifted it to my wife and it seems to be having some problems so we wanted to reset it completely. I did a full reinstall of Windows which cleaned one of my...
  4. Formatting hard disks with numbers?

Formatting hard disks with numbers?: Hi I have a server and I'm running out of letters to add hard drives I know that with raid or pools you can combine multiple drives but I would like to use numbers instead of letters that are not recognized in windows is there a possibility zb in windows server 2019...
  5. question about word display and format

question about word display and format: [ATTACH] Guys, I got a question about the word display and format. As you guys can see, below are the screenshots from two of my laptops showing the same page. I have no idea about the professional term to describe the thing, but intuitively the title part of the bottom...
  6. Format a Hard Disk Drive

Format a Hard Disk Drive: I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-hard-disk-drive/0e989132-1b84-48c9-b089-ce4ac8420d30
  7. Question about disk space

Question about disk space: I was notified that I'm running out of disk space, so I went to settings to clear it up. "Apps and features" is taking up 770 GB. I only have a few games installed on steam and a couple video and photo editing apps so how is this possible? I clicked on it and sorted by size...
  8. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  9. A Question About Disk Activity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A Question About Disk Activity: Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk (which is an SSD) reads and writes every couple seconds even when I'm not running any programs. Is this normal? I know that...
  10. A Question About Disk Activity

in Windows 10 Support
    A Question About Disk Activity: Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk (which is an SSD) reads and writes every couple seconds even when I'm not running any programs. Is this normal? I know that...