Windows 10: Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update

Discus and support Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How often do GPU drivers get updated via Windows Update? Is it every time WHQL one gets released or even less?My goal is to reduce the need for 3rd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IvanJekic, Mar 17, 2022.

1. IvanJekic Win User

Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update

How often do GPU drivers get updated via Windows Update? Is it every time WHQL one gets released or even less?My goal is to reduce the need for 3rd party stuff and installations. Having WU get it for me would be ideal. Though I really don't know how often that happens?Wondering should I download and use those available at the GPU's website AMD in my case or wait for WU?Thanks.

:)

IvanJekic, Mar 17, 2022

2. Windows 10 GPU driver

The most common causes of that error can be either the video driver, or a card starting to fail.
    Did this problem just start when Windows update installed the 432.00 drivers on your system?

Regardless of the answer to that question, updating the video driver is the easiest first step in troubleshooting.

So I would say you are on the right track.

peace
    wanna

Wannagofast, Mar 17, 2022
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 17, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update - Similar Threads - Question GPU video

2. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  3. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  4. Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about GPU video drivers and Windows Update: How often do GPU drivers get updated via Windows Update? Is it every time WHQL one gets released or even less?My goal is to reduce the need for 3rd party stuff and installations. Having WU get it for me would be ideal. Though I really don't know how often that...
  5. Question about Windows 10 Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Windows 10 Video Editor: Hey! I just found out that Windows has a video Editor - woo hoo! because I do a lot of videos for You Tube. Here's my problem. How do I save the video so that I can upload it to Youtube?As soon as it's complete, it has a download feature but it stays within the Editor, and I...
  6. Question about Samsung display driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Samsung display driver update: Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message: Windows Update Error Encountered A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep...
  7. Question about Windows Driver System Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Windows Driver System Update: Hi so every few minutes my antivirus system, AVG, goes off with this message: http://prntscr.com/pv3ida I followed the folder path and it led me to this http://prntscr.com/pv3ihw Should I attempt to delete these files or make an exception in AVG? AVG's deep virus scan did...
  8. Question about video cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about video cards: I have 2 video cards 1 i bought and the other my friend gavve me. 1st one is nvidea GTX 1070 i believe it is 8 gig ram gddr5 ass i dont think there is a 6 gig 1070, it has according to the specs VR and 3D i dont think it does 4k as its max reso is 1440p. The other video card...
  9. Questions about driver troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about driver troubleshooting.: If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them? This question is asked just in case something like this happened in the future. [img] Any input would appreciated. 23020
  10. Question about updating Intel GPU drivers (Laptop)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about updating Intel GPU drivers (Laptop): My laptop is a Lenovo Z50-70. Intel 4400 Family GPU and Nvidia GT 840M. I'm running Windows 10. The latest driver for the Intel 4400 Family is dated from 6/23/2017: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40] Yet every time I upgrade to a new Insider Preview my...