Windows 10: Question about HDCP when using splitter

Discus and support Question about HDCP when using splitter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, i am new to this forum and glad to be here. I am using an HDMI splitter on a desktop (running windows 10) in order to have 2 HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by uuuber, Apr 26, 2018.

1. uuuber Win User

Question about HDCP when using splitter

Hello guys,
    i am new to this forum and glad to be here.

I am using an HDMI splitter on a desktop (running windows 10) in order to have 2 HDMI outputs, 1 for the display and 1 for a capture card.

I know that there is the copyright protocol HDCP that prevents users from streaming copyrighted stuff.

My question is, where exactly (logs, registry etc) are all the information regarding the HDCP protocol stored in the windows? Cause i suppose that there should be some information stored on the pc in order for the HDCP to work.

I hope that my question makes sense.

Thank you.

:)

uuuber, Apr 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 settings for two vga projectors

The cable between the bum projector and the splitter?

When you got things to work (smaller projector), was it connected to the same cable (see last question) or...?

A splitter may boost the signal, but if there is some cable or end fault in said cable, it may not be enough to overcome that.

Shenan Stanley, Apr 26, 2018
  3. HDCP error playing Vudu Movies in HD on Surface Pro 3

Hi James,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

HDCP stand for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.

HDCP is a digital-only content protection technology associated with HDMI and DVI interfaces.

You will get a HDCP error if you try watching HDCP encoded content when using a HDMI cable.

The problem is that if HDCP exists anywhere in the video stream then all devices and cables accessing this content must be HDCP compliant. If one device or cable isn't HDCP compliant then you get a HDCP error.

The only solution may be to either replace the HDMI cable with a non-digital cable.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Question about HDCP when using splitter

1. Question about HDCP when using splitter - Similar Threads - Question HDCP using

2. HDCP Miracast issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDCP Miracast issues.: I took my laptop's Intel M.2 Wifi/bluetooth Model: 8265NGW adapter out which does support Miracast. I put it into my desktop, but Miracast won't work. I should be able to cast to my SmartTV. I was able to cast from my laptop to my SmartTV before removing the adapter.From my...
  3. WIndows 10 hdmi splitter question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows 10 hdmi splitter question: Hello, I am running windows 10 pro on Acer TravelMate P238M. I would like to use two external monitors however it only has one hdmi port so I bought hdmi splitter 1x4. However when I connect the in and outs it again use only one external monitor and the other is saying "...
  4. Question about using Edgeium

in Browsers and Email
    Question about using Edgeium: I've downloaded the Stable version of Edgeium and have to admit, I'm really starting to like it -- unlike the Old Edge. I'd like to consider using it to replace Opera -- as I'm running into problems with that -- but I don't want my browsing tracked and I don't want my...
  5. Question about using an Xbox Controller on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about using an Xbox Controller on PC: Am i able to connect the Xbox One controller to my PC using the play and charge kit, as my regular Micro USB cables won’t connect anymore. submitted by /u/lucasthespur [link] [comments]...
  6. [QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters?: It's not Windows-related, but I got downvoted for being a noob on r/techsupport, so I thought I'd try here. I Googled and YouTubed and I didn't find any solutions (at least in my limited knowledge). I only have one audio jack on my laptop. The symbol had a headphone with a...
  7. Question about using the trackpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about using the trackpad: On my windows 10 laptop, when I use the trackpad, sometimes the mouse click does not register. If I click on something, nothing happens. If I then move the mouse using the trackpad, only then does the click register and the action is performed. Is there a way to disable this,...
  8. Question about using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about using Macrium Reflect: Hi. I'll be making a system image using Macrium Reflect for the first time. I will backup the Windows (C) Drive, Windows RE Tools and the EFI System Partitions. I'd like to know if I should also backup the Recovery Drive (D). Thanks in advance for any replies. Note that I did...
  9. Question about using "sfc" command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about using "sfc" command: I've noticed several comments about using "sfc". When entering the command prompt, you are in the Windows\system32 directory. Do you run "sfc" from there or do you close that directory and run from the C: prompt? 47495
  10. question about using a boot usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    question about using a boot usb: Hi, I recently did a windows update and now the pc wont boot up but just goes into the repair mode. I have tried all options to no avail. I have made a boot usb as I hoped to be able to just boot into windows with that. There seems to be only 2 options . Repair ( which just...