Question about hovering text.

Discus and support Question about hovering text. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EyeInTheSky, Jun 9, 2018.

1. EyeInTheSky Win User

Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot of what I want to turn off if possible. The red arrow points to what I want to turn off.

Question about hovering text. [​IMG]

I know this is a helpful feature, but I hate when you want to read something above or below that hovering text and you can't because the text box is not transparent; and even if it were transparent, I still think one would have heck of a time reading through it - so I want to disable it if possible.

:)

EyeInTheSky, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Parth P Patel Win User

How do I turn off hover

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Karthicka_R Win User
    In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Question about hovering text. - Similar Threads - Question hovering text

2. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated...
  3. Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...: when I try to see what is in the Quarantine folder on Windows Defender it says somethin about Library DDL or DLL not being installed or in error...
  4. Short question about Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Short question about Gmail: Hello, Can sombody explain to me what does the attached screenshot mean when signing out my Gmail account. Searched in Gmail help but could not find answer or send the screenshot. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 116052
  5. 2 Questions In ONE Post

2 Questions In ONE Post: 1 any good backup app for chrome or any web browser ? 2 any good app to Kill stuck apps ? There was one i used a few months before // it was amazing the mouse did everything you clicked on the program that is freezing and it was out but cant remember the name *cry 116047
  6. Everything you need to know about Windows Server 2019 - Part 1

in Windows 10 News
    Everything you need to know about Windows Server 2019 - Part 1: This blog post was authored by Vinicius Apolinario, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Windows Server. You should know by now that Windows Server 2019 is available as a preview in the Windows Insiders program. In the last few months, the Windows Server team has been working...
  7. Win 10 Pro PC does a soft close after about 10 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro PC does a soft close after about 10 minutes.: This happened prevously but then stopped, in that it performs a soft close-down after working on it, sometimes after 10 minutes sometimes much less than that. My graphic card driver is up to date, as is the Win updates. Fans are working but not yet checked the CPU temp....
  8. QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?: Howdy, Members: Does anyone have experience creating PORTABLE APPS compliant with Win 10?... (so one need not be dependent upon PortableApps.com or any similar portable resources.) If YES... what recommendations can you make. Thank you in advance for prompt and detailed...
  9. Can't see full text in date and time option...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see full text in date and time option...: [IMG]Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cant-see-full-text-in-date-and-time-option/9a84f97e-6aff-4da5-b7e7-fd09fb5a4713
  10. Ink Technologies Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ink Technologies Question: So someone will surely tell me if I can post and ask this question under "Hardware," after all I do use this old printer under windows 10 : ) Anyone have any input on Ink Technologies? There price is about half what I saw at Amazon. TN360 Toner Cartridge - Brother...