Question about hovering text.

Discus and support Question about hovering text. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EyeInTheSky, Jun 9, 2018.

1. EyeInTheSky Win User

Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot of what I want to turn off if possible. The red arrow points to what I want to turn off.

[​IMG]

I know this is a helpful feature, but I hate when you want to read something above or below that hovering text and you can't because the text box is not transparent; and even if it were transparent, I still think one would have heck of a time reading through it - so I want to disable it if possible.

:)

EyeInTheSky, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Parth P Patel Win User

How do I turn off hover

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Karthicka_R Win User
    In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Question about hovering text.

Question about hovering text. - Similar Threads - Question hovering text

1. How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  2. Sr. Citizen Questions (probably dumb and basic, but would appreciate

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Questions (probably dumb and basic, but would appreciate: Hello, Using Windows 10 as a virtual machine (via the program Parallels) from a Mac. Not used to the nuances of W10, and am really confused. Sr. Citizen now, so please put up with some dumb questions: a. The program(s) listings on the left side continually shows nonsense...
  3. Virtual Machine networking question file explorer + vmware

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Machine networking question file explorer + vmware: Yep, as per my recent post history - im having a good run with networking stuff >< So my main pc and other pcs all show up in network when i turn them on, disappear when i turn them off, great! However any of my vm's when turned on appear properly, but when I turn them off...
  4. Question regarding sudden loss of ability to drag anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding sudden loss of ability to drag anything.: I have Windows 10 on my HP desktop. I was rearranging two internet tabs on Microsoft Edge to more easily switch between the two. Immediately following this action, I lost the ability to move tabs or drag anything on my computer. If I click and drag any internet tabs,...
  5. Clean Install Partition Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Install Partition Question: Hi, I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64. After watching a few YT videos I am now a bit concerned. After selecting "custom installation" I get to the drive screen. I have an SSD and an HDD for data. The HDD I left alone and for the SSD I deleted all the...
  6. Question about unscribing to thread

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about unscribing to thread: What is this? An invalid threadid or forumid was specified. when I try to unsubscribe to a thread by clicking on link in my email. I can't seem to stop the thread from going to my email when someone post in it. cheers 111943
  7. Error 2001: usbperf question

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 2001: usbperf question: After I think, fixing an issue prior before, I went ahead and tried to fix the issue with error 1008 and 1023. In the proccess, I got those gone, but now I'm getting a error 2001 "Unable to read the "First Counter" value under the usbperf\Performance Key. Status codes...
Question about hovering text. solved