Windows 10: Question about hovering text.

Discus and support Question about hovering text. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EyeInTheSky, Jun 9, 2018.

1. EyeInTheSky Win User

Question about hovering text.

Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot of what I want to turn off if possible. The red arrow points to what I want to turn off.

Question about hovering text. [​IMG]

I know this is a helpful feature, but I hate when you want to read something above or below that hovering text and you can't because the text box is not transparent; and even if it were transparent, I still think one would have heck of a time reading through it - so I want to disable it if possible.

:)

EyeInTheSky, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Parth P Patel Win User

How do I turn off hover

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Karthicka_R Win User
    In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Question about hovering text.

1. Question about hovering text. - Similar Threads - Question hovering text

2. Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?: This hovering text is very annoying: [img] I understand the hovering text describes what your mouse pointer is actually hovering over; but if the pointer is locked into the hovering text field by the slightest accidental movement of the mouse, the actual click you make...
  3. A question about passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  4. Question about an icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about an icon: You know that little Windows Defender Icon in the right hand corner of your toolbar? Mine keeps having that little yellow triangle next it it that says "Actions Recommended" rather than the green window to indicate everything is OK. Yet when I click on it everything seems to...
  5. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  6. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  7. Question About downloads.cnet.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About downloads.cnet.com: Some time ago I stopped trusting downloads.cnet.com because of the first 3 programs I downloaded from them, two of them triggered alerts from ESET Antivirus when I launched the installers. More recently I decided to try them again as a last resort, and ESET blocked the last 3...
  8. Question about outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Question about outlook: Hello. I am trying to access outlook.com and I receive an error at my two pcs. I did a clean install, I updated to creators update, nothing changed so far. Why is happening that and how to solve it? I noticed the problem since the new outlook.com theme. thnx in advance for...
  9. Hovering text on my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering text on my screen: I have a hovering text on my screen that is coming from another window ( another opened Chrome window) Why does it happen, and how can i get rid of it without rebooting ? [img] 33690
  10. Question about a System.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a System.exe: I noticed today listed in "Startup" (in Task Manager) a System.exe that to be honest i am not sure if it was there before. I checked it and is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I let me disable it, but no rename it...