Windows 10: Question about how anti-viruses works

Discus and support Question about how anti-viruses works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sofia Lauryn Student, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Question about how anti-viruses works

Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and then using it to hide itself.I don't know if this makes sense, I just thought it was interesting at some point.Bye, have a good night/day!

:)

Sofia Lauryn Student, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Boozad Win User

List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP

Thought I'd test one of my spare F-Secure licences on W10 and it's working fine. Banking Protection deosn't seem to kick in when it should but I'll get to the bottom of that. Otherwise all looks good.

Question about how anti-viruses works [​IMG]

Boozad, Nov 30, 2022
  3. List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP

Hello guys,

Recently, I saw many people asking about the working anti-viruses for Windows 10 Technical Preview, so I decided to create a thread and share the information. Because Sharing is Caring!
    Here is list of some anti-viruses which are tested and found working on Windows 10 Technical Preview. [Note: Some of them might lack in their features]

• Bitdefender antivirus free edition
    • Mcafee Antivirus Free
    • Avira Antivirus Free
    • ESET Smart Security
    • Avast 15
    • Webroot Secure Anywhere Endpoint Protection
    • AVG Antivirus Free | Might work

If you know any, feel free to share with us. I will update this thread.

-

Fahadking07, Nov 30, 2022
  4. CountMike Win User

Question about how anti-viruses works

List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP

Thanks for the update.

CountMike, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Question about how anti-viruses works

1. Question about how anti-viruses works - Similar Threads - Question anti viruses

2. About extra Anti-Virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About extra Anti-Virus?: Is it necessary to have McAfee on my Win11 while I have Win. Security?! I have had purchased Mcaffee without knowledge if it is necessary to have extra AntiVirus! should I stop Subscription of McAfee?! I greatly appreciate if you can direct me on this matter. Thank You!...
  3. About extra Anti-Virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About extra Anti-Virus?: Is it necessary to have McAfee on my Win11 while I have Win. Security?! I have had purchased Mcaffee without knowledge if it is necessary to have extra AntiVirus! should I stop Subscription of McAfee?! I greatly appreciate if you can direct me on this matter. Thank You!...
  4. Question about how anti-viruses works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  5. Anti virus buttons not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti virus buttons not working: Hello i got a virus, tried to resolve it with the windows defender, partially it was working but i started to scan with malware bytes remove the virus and restart the pc when it was booting it started to do the updates then it suddently blue screen, i don't know if it's...
  6. How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working: I CAnt delete Seguarzo anti virus says i need perms from administrator. when my account is an admin account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-seguarzo-anti-virus-malware-if-anti/1c05a4a1-c4e2-41ae-a3eb-e396028ed73b
  7. Question about virus protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about virus protection: I have not used a laptop in over 5 years and am figuring out my Lenovo Flex 15. My free McAfee expired. My husband says I don't need virus protection (he is a Mac guy) I can't believe that is right. Back in the day I used free virus protection software. Any advice of your...
  8. Notices about anti virus and firewall

Notices about anti virus and firewall: Why do I constantly has notices come up saying my firewall is not up. It is up and the messages constantly come up that it is not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notices-about-anti-virus-and-firewall/9c5e90a4-d894-4008-92a2-e7f01cccc7c2"
  9. Question about Viruses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Viruses: Hello I’m worried that I have a Rat or a keylogger on my pc and i wanted to know if one of these or any sort of malware attach themselves to MP3 or Wav files cause I wanna back up my music and all that but I don’t know if these can infect those files or not. Google won’t give...
  10. Question about registry(virus?)

Question about registry(virus?): Hi. I recently noticed a problem with the functionality of my computer. Often, the mouse cursor somewhere "escapes" or the processes shut down themselves. I tried reinstalling the system, I scanned the system with windows defender, eset, avira, malwarebytes and other...