Windows 10: Question about HP Twain Administration Scan

Discus and support Question about HP Twain Administration Scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have an Hp Envy photo 6200 series printer with Full Feature Driver and Software installed. My pc is an HP Pavilion Intel Desktop. When I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mcd73165, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Question about HP Twain Administration Scan

Hi. I have an Hp Envy photo 6200 series printer with Full Feature Driver and Software installed. My pc is an HP Pavilion Intel Desktop. When I open the Twain Administration user interface there is no Scan button, just Save and Cancel buttons. It's really not important to me that I can't use it but would still like to know what's going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Full Feature Driver and Software today and have the same result. There is a folder in C:\Windows called twain_32. Within that folder is a sub-folder which is HP ENVY photo 6200 series. Within that folder there are 3 entries which are HPScanUI.dll, hpxsTwain.ds and ScanApp. ScanApp is configuration settings. I may contact HP about this but they haven't been very helpful in the past. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Oct 24, 2019

2. HP Officejet Pro 8500 909g will not scan

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issues with functionality of the scanner on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly do you mean by : The MS scan software seems to only scan from glass ?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while scanning the content?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed from the HP support?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the drivers for your device and check if it help.

Refer:
    HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - A909g - Software and Drivers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with au updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Twain driver for hp scanner

Where can I find a twain driver for my hp c309g all in one. Until the 10 update I was able to scan direct into corel draw XP win 7 win 8.1 now the twain option is no longer there only a wia driver which has no features. Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

LunchBox6969, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Question about HP Twain Administration Scan

Unable to scan from HP J4850 on Windows 10

Hi Dick Hazel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with scanning on Windows 10 do let us know the following:

• What exactly do you mean by: will not Scan from the PC?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular document?
    • What exactly happens when you try to scan, were you able to see any error message?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall and manually install the drivers for your device and check if it help.

Steps to uninstall from Device Manager.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.

Refer:
    HP Office jet J4580 All-in-One Printer - Software and Drivers
    to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Question about HP Twain Administration Scan

1. Question about HP Twain Administration Scan - Similar Threads - Question Twain Administration

2. about scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    about scanning: with the full scan option is not scanning properly, 3/4 in the process it stops. Can i be advised what to do? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-scanning/5e1eed4a-ddb9-42af-96b3-7664c73bb058
  3. Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?: Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN-compliant? My Epson printer instructions says it must be TWAIN-compliant to work with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-fax-and-scan-twain-compliant/4710b1c0-48f8-434e-b353-f99960b373c5
  4. Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN compliant?: Is Windows Fax and Scan TWAIN-compliant? My Epson printer instructions says it must be TWAIN-compliant to work with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-fax-and-scan-twain-compliant/4710b1c0-48f8-434e-b353-f99960b373c5
  5. Quick question about groups in relation to being an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about groups in relation to being an administrator: If your account is set as an administrator, should your account also be included in the Users group or should it solely be in the Administrators group? Tried googling this but could not find an answer submitted by /u/x_Anno_Mundi_x [link] [comments]...
  6. Xerox 7120 twain driver to scan to app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox 7120 twain driver to scan to app: Hi guys, I have a Xerox 7120 in the office and I am trying to get the twain driver installed so I can scan in an application. The pc is running Windows 10 x64 and no matter what I do I can't get it to work. I would like to catch scan in the app but I can't do it. Any...
  7. Question about Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Scanning: I would like see my scanner figure on the computer because I can't do that for mydelf [Original Title: scanner] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/question-about-scanning/25f67a36-44cd-4cb9-b5e1-14313fbcf7a6
  8. Twain Drivers

Twain Drivers: Is there a link to a location where I can download the Twain Driver for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twain-drivers/f45625ae-896b-431c-966e-574d27b9f9cf
  9. Twain

Twain: When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10? 124680
  10. Twain

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Twain: When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10? 124680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp twain administration has no scan button

2. does hp twain administration have anything to do with scsi scan devices?

3. what is hp twain administration

4. what is HP Twain administrator