Windows 10: Question about installing DirectX 6

Discus and support Question about installing DirectX 6 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Master of Orion II to work, but it needs DirectX 6.1. I've learned that installing version 9 on top of version 12 (or whatever W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gregyurkon, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Question about installing DirectX 6

I'm trying to get Master of Orion II to work, but it needs DirectX 6.1. I've learned that installing version 9 on top of version 12 (or whatever W10 has) is safe, but is installing version 6 on top of 9 safe? The game won't run with version 9, because it can't find DPLAY.DLL.

:)

gregyurkon, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 8, 2019
  3. directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Question about installing DirectX 6

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Question about installing DirectX 6

1. Question about installing DirectX 6 - Similar Threads - Question installing DirectX

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  4. Question about software installers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about software installers: Should all software installers be run with administrator privileges to avoid problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-software-installers/06cf3289-bdd0-44a3-b1ea-6caef224a313
  5. Question about software installers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about software installers: Should all software installers be run with administrator privileges to avoid problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-software-installers/06cf3289-bdd0-44a3-b1ea-6caef224a313
  6. Question about software installers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Question About Installing Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About Installing Updates: I have a question regarding installation of updates.my question is, since the updates are already downloaded and configured updates, do I need Internet while installing them or will they continue installation even if I disconnect from network? [Original Title: Updates]...
  8. Question About Installing v1903

Question About Installing v1903: Hello, I just received the "featured update to Win 10, Version 1903" in my Windows Update with the option to download and install. I did not use the manual search for any updates as it was sent while my computer checked for updates while I was doing something else. My...
  9. Questions about installing printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about installing printers: So, I've noticed that when I connect a new printer to the network via WiFi Windows 10 will automatically detect and add it to the list of installed printers. That seems nice except for the fact that the printer name includes numbers and letters that aren't related to the...
  10. Question about install

Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...