Windows 10: Question about installing DirectX 6

Discus and support Question about installing DirectX 6 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Master of Orion II to work, but it needs DirectX 6.1. I've learned that installing version 9 on top of version 12 (or whatever W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gregyurkon, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Question about installing DirectX 6

I'm trying to get Master of Orion II to work, but it needs DirectX 6.1. I've learned that installing version 9 on top of version 12 (or whatever W10 has) is safe, but is installing version 6 on top of 9 safe? The game won't run with version 9, because it can't find DPLAY.DLL.

:)

gregyurkon, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 8, 2019
  3. directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Question about installing DirectX 6

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Question about installing DirectX 6

1. Question about installing DirectX 6 - Similar Threads - Question installing DirectX

2. DirectX installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX installation problems: I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  3. Question about windows 10 installation

Question about windows 10 installation: Hello everyone, My Office All-In-One Data PC, got suddenly in trouble. Its Hard Drive shows the following message: Hard Drive is Corrupt and Unreadable. Fortunately, our data is safe with Carbonite, so, I purchased a new 2.5” Hard Drive to replace it, and the Original...
  4. So about Directx stuff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So about Directx stuff: So im trying to play games on my windows 10 and I have HORRIBLE fps....I also tried roblox to see how well it worked and it says I need a directx 10 but I have directx 12? Whats the problem? Help!...
  5. About folder named "6"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About folder named "6": First of all,im sorry about not sure to post this on which forum,so i post here. When i was installing Age of Mythology,an error occured and says that she could not make a folder named "6" (without quote mark,only number 6) so i checked in the installed folder(Microsoft...
  6. Question about installing net framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installing net framework: in order to install latest net framework (4.7) do i need to install previous versions ? Right know i am already installed 4.0 version of net framework and i've a plan to update it. So do i need to install all of then from 4.5.2, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and the latest one 4.7 or i can...
  7. Questions about installing printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about installing printers: So, I've noticed that when I connect a new printer to the network via WiFi Windows 10 will automatically detect and add it to the list of installed printers. That seems nice except for the fact that the printer name includes numbers and letters that aren't related to the...
  8. A question about installing a new videocard.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A question about installing a new videocard.: Hi there, I ordered a geforce 1070 to replace my old 970, now I have a question. Do I install the software it came with first, then update the driver with the nvidia one after? Of course i'll uninstall the 970's driver before I put the new card in. The card I am getting has a...
  9. Question about install

Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...
  10. Quick question about a clean install.

Quick question about a clean install.: I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files. I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find...