Windows 10: Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts

Discus and support Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know the basics of installing downloaded fonts. I'm having trouble with the way individual downloaded fonts are organized, or rather disorganized,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/D1g1talGh0st, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts

I know the basics of installing downloaded fonts. I'm having trouble with the way individual downloaded fonts are organized, or rather disorganized, when installed, and I'm trying to find a way to organize and streamline the installation and font grouping.

Example: I recently downloaded Century Schoolbook/Century Schoolbook Monospace. Technically, it's five different fonts/weights/files (however one designates that) from the same font family that I've downloaded: Century Schoolbook regular (1), italic (2), bold (3), bold italic (4), and the monospace version (5). (I haven't seen a single .zip folder download available anywhere, so it does require five different downloaded files.)

When I install them, instead of installing as one font design with multiple weights and styles, each of the five weights/styles download as separate fonts entirely, as if Century Schoolbook italic and bold were different fonts entirely, if you see what I mean. It's like Windows registering as Calibri italic as a completely separate font from Calibri standard, or functioning as if Times New Roman isn't a single font family with three styles but rather three separate fonts entirely, as if Times New Roman bold and italic aren't related. When I use a word processing program or click the font dropdown list on my browser in order to select a different font, the Century Schoolbook weights aren't even listed in alphabetical order, they're all over the place. I've posted a pic of how it looks in the fonts folder here.

Is there anyway to download a group of fonts that are different weights of a single font family so they are organized together just like standard, pre-packaged Windows fonts, and so that the fonts folder and dropdown lists will be correctly organized? Or, alternatively, is there a way to somehow collect the fonts in a single folder myself and use that folder to install them the same way one would a typical unzipped font folder containing the font's different weights? (I've tried just doing it manually by putting the five weights/files in a folder and drag-dropping it into the fonts folder, but that doesn't work.)

I'd appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/D1g1talGh0st
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/D1g1talGh0st, Oct 5, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts

HELP!!! FONTS

Hi Terrie,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better understand your fonts concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• How do you install the fonts for Windows 10? Please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're doing it.
    • What is the error message that you're getting when installing the fonts?
    • Where did you download the fonts for Windows 10?

Argel Obm, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts

1. Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts - Similar Threads - Question Installing Non

2. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  3. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  4. Question about software installers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about software installers: Should all software installers be run with administrator privileges to avoid problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-software-installers/06cf3289-bdd0-44a3-b1ea-6caef224a313
  5. Question about software installers

Question about software installers: Should all software installers be run with administrator privileges to avoid problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-software-installers/06cf3289-bdd0-44a3-b1ea-6caef224a313
  6. A question about licence of microsoft fonts in windows 10

A question about licence of microsoft fonts in windows 10: Hello everyone,I used a font from microsoft font in a project with a client, It is Bahnschrift font and my windows 10 virsion is not activited• Is my use correct?• If it isn't correct -- how to contact with microsoft customer service to tell them that I use it before I know...
  7. A question about "Standard hardware security not supported"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about "Standard hardware security not supported": I am using Windows 10, 64-bit, Home edition, version 2004. I am using a desktop PC, that was assembled from parts bought on the net, in the year 2008, so it is now old. The Windows 10 security section tells me this about my PC: "Standard hardware security not supported" I...
  8. Question About Installing v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About Installing v1903: Hello, I just received the "featured update to Win 10, Version 1903" in my Windows Update with the option to download and install. I did not use the manual search for any updates as it was sent while my computer checked for updates while I was doing something else. My...
  9. Questions about installing printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about installing printers: So, I've noticed that when I connect a new printer to the network via WiFi Windows 10 will automatically detect and add it to the list of installed printers. That seems nice except for the fact that the printer name includes numbers and letters that aren't related to the...
  10. Question about install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...