Windows 10: Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer

Discus and support Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm building a new computer and I want the drive Windows is installed on the be K, and my external SSD to be H. Is this possible? Does Windows have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotTalcon, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer

I'm building a new computer and I want the drive Windows is installed on the be K, and my external SSD to be H. Is this possible? Does Windows have to be C? Do I even need a C drive?

Also, if I am able to do this, would the K drive on Windows explorer sidebar show up above *above* the H drive, since it's the main drive, or would it be displayed alphabetically?

submitted by /u/NotTalcon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotTalcon, Mar 21, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 21, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 21, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer

1. Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer - Similar Threads - Question installing computer

2. Questions about installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about installing Windows 10: I currently have Windows 7 and I think it's time I finally make the switch to Windows 10 since the support for Windows 7 has stopped. This is the first time I'm upgrading and I'm not really sure how this process works. I see where it says "Download tool now" on the Microsoft...
  3. New to Windows 10, question about partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New to Windows 10, question about partitions: I just bought a new Dell 2-in-1. Everything is good, but I'm setting up the computer the way I want it to be, not the way the manufacturer and Microsoft thinks everyone should do it. I'm willing to use a non-MS partition tool to do things if necessary. I see 3 partitions...
  4. A question about the Windows 10 installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A question about the Windows 10 installer: So, I have a PC that's pretty much just broken after trying to install Ubuntu besides Windows, and I'm wondering: if I somehow lose my Windows 10 install, then get the installer and put in my Microsoft account login, will I have a Windows 10 install that has the same license...
  5. a new question about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    a new question about win 10: The Dell laptop that I have doesn't have a LED that blinks when the internal HD is working. So I found a small program that sites on the desktop and runs in the background and blinks when the HD is working. But the prog didn't come with an installer. I have a copy of the prog...
  6. Questions about installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about installing Windows 10: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...
  7. Question about windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about windows 10 installation: Hello everyone, My Office All-In-One Data PC, got suddenly in trouble. Its Hard Drive shows the following message: Hard Drive is Corrupt and Unreadable. Fortunately, our data is safe with Carbonite, so, I purchased a new 2.5” Hard Drive to replace it, and the Original...
  8. A question about installing a new videocard.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A question about installing a new videocard.: Hi there, I ordered a geforce 1070 to replace my old 970, now I have a question. Do I install the software it came with first, then update the driver with the nvidia one after? Of course i'll uninstall the 970's driver before I put the new card in. The card I am getting has a...
  9. new to windows 10 question about maintenance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    new to windows 10 question about maintenance: new to windows 10 and wondering how often one should run disk clean up and disk defragmenter to keep the computer in top condition as well as virus scans . 75420
  10. New here with question about windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    New here with question about windows 10: Hi. new here, and I have a question about windows 10. I am planning a new build in the next few weeks, can I download windows 10 for free and install it on the new build. I am now running windows 7 home premium. I do not have sp1 though. I have read the instructions for...