Windows 10: Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

Discus and support Question about Intel Chipset Device Software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a clean installation of Windows 10 there is a notification to tell me I need to reboot to finish installing the Intel Chipset drivers. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sportsfan148, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

After a clean installation of Windows 10 there is a notification to tell me I need to reboot to finish installing the Intel Chipset drivers. After a reboot and checking for Windows Updates the system is then brought fully up to date.
    Is it still recommended to then go to the manufacturers website and install the Intel Chipset Device software from there afterwards?
    Taken directly from the Dell website for the Service Tag of my PC the following is what it says under Important Information for the Intel Chipset Device Software.
    "The INF files provides the operating system (OS) with information about the hardware on the PC. This allows the OS to show the correct name of hardware in the Device Manager.
    Note: The chipset software does not install drivers for AGP or USB or resolve issues with these ports.
    Intel Chipset Device Software uses an older date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic.
    Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel Chipset Device Software.
    This is necessary since it's a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers. You do not need to update Intel Chipset Device software."

I am confused why it says that You do not need to update Intel Chipset Device software?

:)

sportsfan148, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

WHQL Intel Chipset Download Link

OR

Download: Intel® Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42

Question about Intel Chipset Device Software [​IMG]
    Note WHQL version: 10.1.1.42
    Release Date: January 19th 2017

Release Notes

New Features:
    • Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor P family/Core i7 (Skylake-E) removed from public package
    Issues Resolved:
    • None.
    Known Issues:
    • None.

Question about Intel Chipset Device Software [​IMG]
    Tip Want to save time? Not sure if you need this file?

Run this easy to use Intel® Driver Update Utility and it will "automatically" tell you if you need to update your chipset INF file, and if so, will prompt you to install and you are done. This will save you a lot of time not only on your chipset download but the most common files needed for your system.

Name changes:
    Intel® Chipset Device Software is the new name for the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility; this name will be seen when running the installation package.

About this file/download:
    The Intel® Chipset Device Software installs the Windows* INF files. An INF is a text file that provides the operating system with information about a piece of hardware on the system. In the case of the current Intel Chipset Device Software, that information is primarily the product name for the piece of hardware. This allows the operating system to show the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager.

**Important**
    The Intel Chipset Device Software does not install drivers for AGP or USB. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UTILITY IF YOUR DEVICE MANUFACTURER IS RECOMMENDING IT TO CORRECT AN "AGP DRIVER," "AGP GART," OR "USB DRIVER" ISSUE; IT WILL NOT CORRECT YOUR ISSUE.

Brink, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

I have a Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard, and Intel Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 dont have Z370 in the list. What is the best INF for Z370 please?

SeCrEt BoY, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

Matthew Wai, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Question about Intel Chipset Device Software

1. Question about Intel Chipset Device Software - Similar Threads - Question Intel Chipset

2. Question about software installers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about software installers: Should all software installers be run with administrator privileges to avoid problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-software-installers/06cf3289-bdd0-44a3-b1ea-6caef224a313
  3. Question about Intel RST 18.x supported chipsets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Intel RST 18.x supported chipsets: The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is sometimes unreliable when it comes to checking for updates for my device. Hence me asking this question here. I have a Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard along with a Neo Forza Zion NFS01 (no nvme). Intel Rapid Storage Driver has started a...
  4. Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00224 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: LOW Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update...
  5. Intel Chipset numbering question

Intel Chipset numbering question: When I run the Intel Driver Update Utility, it always shows my chipset needs an update. My problem is that my current version is 10.1.2.8 Intel Driver Update Utility wants to go to 10.1.1.14 Isn't 10.1.2 greater than 10.1.1? Or am I applying math where it doesn't...
  6. what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility: Updated: This post is a duplicate of this one due to an error of manipulation (I did believe the first post was lost). Please answer in the other post. I have an assembled PC with an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS; which is not supported by Windows 10 according to the Asus Website....
  7. About software questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About software questions: Hello, 1. Is there a program to capture video (with audio) played on screen ?. I have "Screencast-o-matic" but it is limited to several minutes recording ? (no sound I think) 2. The installed CCleaner is registered, now I read (on this site) there is a new version,...
  8. What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility

What is Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility: I have an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard (B75 chipset) on an assembled PC. Asus does not support it for Windows 10. I have a clean install of Windows 10 (I had Win7 in the past but completely reformat the hard disk and reinstall Win10 from scratch). Windows 10 seems to...
  9. Question on Intel Chipset Updates

Question on Intel Chipset Updates: My system is a Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero When I installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at the time I installed the latest chipset (version 10.1.2.10). All has been well, but when I used the Windows Update Minitool the other week it says that there is a new update to these...
  10. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software: Latest Intel Chipset Device Software WHQL version: 10.1.1.42 Release Date: January 17th 2016 WHQL Intel Chipset Download Link OR Download: Intel® Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 [img] Note Release Notes New Features: Intel(R) Xeon(R)...